Chile roasting at Harmon's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chile roasting at Harmon's

One of the greatest things about mid to late-August is the yearly arrival of chile roasting at Harmon's grocery stores.

The past year of having a good supply of Hatch New Mexico green chile has been great. Green Chile Apple Pie with Cheddar Crust and Walnut Streusel, green chile enchiladas, huevos rancheros, and green chile stew have been great this year. The enchiladas and pie being the best of the bunch. I was a little too judicious and had some left, but that just means that I can make more over the next year.

I highly recommend picking up a bushel. I'll be getting mine today.

http://www.harmonsgrocery.com/blog/2...iles-are-back/
    As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
    --Kendrick Lamar

Damnit, I swear I posted this in the Diner.
    --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
      Damnit, I swear I posted this in the Diner.
      Fixed.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
        One of the greatest things about mid to late-August is the yearly arrival of chile roasting at Harmon's grocery stores.

The past year of having a good supply of Hatch New Mexico green chile has been great. Green Chile Apple Pie with Cheddar Crust and Walnut Streusel, green chile enchiladas, huevos rancheros, and green chile stew have been great this year. The enchiladas and pie being the best of the bunch. I was a little too judicious and had some left, but that just means that I can make more over the next year.

I highly recommend picking up a bushel. I'll be getting mine today.

http://www.harmonsgrocery.com/blog/2...iles-are-back/
        Thanks for posting. This sounds great.
        One of the grandest benefits of the enlightenment was the realization that our moral sense must be based on the welfare of living individuals, not on their immortal souls. Honest and passionate folks can strongly disagree regarding spiritual matters, so it's imperative that we not allow such considerations to infringe on the real happiness of real people.

Woot

I believe religion has much inherent good and has born many good fruits.
        SU

Comment

Where is McClain when you need him?
          So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

They do this at Smiths too. 25 pound box for $25. They roast them while you wait. Seriously, they are awesome.
            A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
              Where is McClain when you need him?
              He's somewhere in New Mexico...smothered with green chiles.

Comment

How many lbs. in a bushel? Anyone want to hook a brother up and get me a bushel or two? I'll be in Utah the 31st-8th and can pick them up then. I never see them around here.
                "I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - Tommy Callahan III

Comment

26 pounds

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4
                  --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Just looked around online and one of our local albertsons had a roasting event on Aug. 10th.
                    "I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - Tommy Callahan III

Comment

Originally posted by Drunk Tank View Post
                      How many lbs. in a bushel? Anyone want to hook a brother up and get me a bushel or two? I'll be in Utah the 31st-8th and can pick them up then. I never see them around here.

I can hook you up.
                      A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

Sweet!

Comment

Do you vacuum pack and freeze them? Because I would like 2 bushels also.

I have a big ass ice chest I can bring up if that is the case.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
                            Do you vacuum pack and freeze them? Because I would like 2 bushels also.

I have a big ass ice chest I can bring up if that is the case.
                            That's what I would do. I can get you some also.

Comment

Originally posted by CJF View Post
                              That's what I would do. I can get you some also.
                              Sweet. Put me down for 2 bushels. Let me know how much your vacuum packing fees are also.

Comment

Working...
                              X