Search Function

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search Function

The search function seems to be flaky lately. I have emptied the search index and I am rebuilding it. Searches will not function well until this process is finished. FYI.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

I was about to start a new thread, asking if anyone else was having problems searching for topics.

Thanks for the heads up, and thanks for all the time and effort you put into this board, Jeff.

Comment

I'm having a hard time lately finding posts about me.
      "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Index is rebuilt. Give it a shot.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

How do you search across all CS for posts from certain user with certain keyworld. I only know how to do this where the userid is tied to the thread starter not the individual post within the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
            How do you search across all CS for posts from certain user with certain keyworld. I only know how to do this where the userid is tied to the thread starter not the individual post within the thread.
            Click the "Search Single Content Type" tab in Advanced Search. Click it even if you think it's already selected. The search fields should change. Make sure the username setting is "Find latest posts by user" rather than "Find threads started by user".

Comment

Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
              Click the "Search Single Content Type" tab in Advanced Search. Click it even if you think it's already selected. The search fields should change. Make sure the username setting is "Find latest posts by user" rather than "Find threads started by user".
              thanks

Comment

Trying to not start new threads when some older one is even vaguely appropriate...

Since the "new posts" link at the top is a form of search, I thought maybe this would be the right place to ask. Is there some way to search for new posts, but not to get anything from "The Wire". There has never been anything the CSNewsBot has linked to from there that I was interested in. It would cut the noise in about half if those posts didn't show up. Something in the settings would be nice. Either an Include or an Exclude setting is all that would be needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott R Nelson View Post
                  Trying to not start new threads when some older one is even vaguely appropriate...

Since the "new posts" link at the top is a form of search, I thought maybe this would be the right place to ask. Is there some way to search for new posts, but not to get anything from "The Wire". There has never been anything the CSNewsBot has linked to from there that I was interested in. It would cut the noise in about half if those posts didn't show up. Something in the settings would be nice. Either an Include or an Exclude setting is all that would be needed.
                  Not that I know of.

Here is what I do: after clicking on New Posts, peruse the ones you are interested in and then click on Mark Forums Read. Then the ones you are not interested in will disappear from the New Posts list for good. Works equally well for pokemon, cycling, lakers, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                    Not that I know of.

Here is what I do: after clicking on New Posts, peruse the ones you are interested in and then click on Mark Forums Read. Then the ones you are not interested in will disappear from the New Posts list for good. Works equally well for pokemon, cycling, lakers, Topper threads, etc.
                    FIFY. And agreed.
                    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                      Here is what I do: after clicking on New Posts, peruse the ones you are interested in and then click on Mark Forums Read.
                      Already doing it that way. Was wondering if there was a better way. Apparently not. Thanks anyway.

Comment

Working...
                      X