Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: London

Quote Originally Posted by wuapinmon View Post
    My oldest chose the Tate and eating at a restaurant where its pitch dark and all the servers are blind and you don't know what you're eating.
    That sounds horrible. And incredibly woke.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    That sounds horrible. And incredibly woke.
    Woke? Don't be like that.

It was really interesting and enjoyable....until we were done eating and had to wait for our server to come by our table. Once there was nothing new coming, sitting in utter darkness for ten minutes was tedious. I wouldn't do it again because it was very expensive. But, one time....it was worth it.
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

We were in London for six days in July. We had one day where we got together with friends, and then each family member got to plan their day. My oldest chose the Tate and eating at a restaurant where its pitch dark and all the servers are blind and you don't know what you're eating. My son chose to go to some air museum out in the country where Vickers was started and they had a real Concorde. My baby chose the London Eye, the Shrek Experience, Madame Toussad's and some Turkish restaurant that had "the best pancakes in London." My wife chose to take our oldest to see a Keith Haring exhibit in Liverpool (on the train) while we spent the day going to Abbey Road and some other places. I left my family and got together with two birders and went to the Kent Marshes by the Swale and birded from pre-dawn to past dusk.

We never made it to the British Museum (I went there in 1992 and 1995). Next trip = 10 days in London.
    Sounds like the restaurant in About Time

... My son chose to go to some air museum out in the country where Vickers was started and they had a real Concorde. My baby chose the London Eye, the Shrek Experience, Madame Toussad's and some Turkish restaurant that had "the best pancakes in London." My wife chose to take our oldest to see a Keith Haring exhibit in Liverpool (on the train) while we spent the day going to Abbey Road and some other places. I left my family and got together with two birders and went to the Kent Marshes by the Swale and birded from pre-dawn to past dusk.

We never made it to the British Museum (I went there in 1992 and 1995). Next trip = 10 days in London.
    Sounds like Duxford - https://www.iwm.org.uk/visits/iwm-duxford

Since visiting England in '08, I think you could spend a month in London alone and not see everything! I've really got to start planning my retirement trip to England

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

I can't imagine myself ever going to a restaurant and eating stuff without seeing/knowing what it is. I'll try lots of stuff - but I don't want to learn of the surprise as it hits my mouth. Nope. Nope. Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    I can't imagine myself ever going to a restaurant and eating stuff without seeing/knowing what it is. I'll try lots of stuff - but I don't want to learn of the surprise as it hits my mouth. Nope. Nope. Nope.
    Well, when you don't know that it's smoked goose paté, your brain makes it into some kind of cold cut.
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied