Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: London

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    Just started mining credit card points for this very purpose. Just hit the minimum spend on my Chase Sapphire, now I'm on to the Hilton Honors Amex!

Quote Originally Posted by Bo Diddley View Post
    Les Mis, Wicked, and Lion King were all good. Phantom not so much.
    We just saw Hamilton as a family last week, so I am thinking Les Mis (my daughter wants to see that) and maybe Matilda (RSC is doing this right now).

Quote Originally Posted by Pelado View Post
    My wife wants to go to London. When are the best times of year to go? Any tips for getting the best airfare rates?
    September. Good weather -- sunny and dry, but not too hot -- and kids are in school, so crowds aren't as bad.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPiney View Post
    Which shows? We are going for the end of christmas break and starting to look at shows.
    Mary Poppins, Wicked, and Hamilton. Hamilton tix are surprisingly cheap--they don't let you re-sell them, so you're paying face value. I just got pretty decent tickets for 100 pounds per.
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Quote Originally Posted by BigPiney View Post
    Which shows? We are going for the end of christmas break and starting to look at shows.
    Phantom.
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

I would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace, than to risk peace in pursuit of politics. --President Donald J. Trump

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

You furnish the pictures, and Iíll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Princeps Inter Pares

Quote Originally Posted by Green Monstah View Post
    Mary Poppins, Wicked, and Hamilton. Hamilton tix are surprisingly cheap--they don't let you re-sell them, so you're paying face value. I just got pretty decent tickets for 100 pounds per.
    Mouse trap. Fun show.
    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Quote Originally Posted by Bo Diddley View Post
    Points are the best deal out there. Go get some credit cards, hit the minimum spend, collect the promotion and away you go. Same with hotels. I've got enough points in the bank right now for another Europe trip.

I like going in May.
    In May, you can also score some good deals on airfare. Once you hit summer, the plane tix get a lot more expensive. I subscribed to Scott's cheap flights. Probably not a ton out of Boise, but if you're willing to drive to SLC, you can probably snag some good prices.
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

In May, you can also score some good deals on airfare. Once you hit summer, the plane tix get a lot more expensive. I subscribed to Scott's cheap flights. Probably not a ton out of Boise, but if you're willing to drive to SLC, you can probably snag some good prices.
    Thanks. Just signed up with Scott.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

A couple of people where I work use Flights From Home website. The airports you can select from are SLC, LAS, and PHX.