What Are You Reading Now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
    I just checked out "The Remains of the Day" as well as adding a few holds. Stinkin' peer pressure.
    Really enjoying this one. Love the style of the prose.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Listening to "It" for the first time. It's great and I really like the narrator (Steven Weber... I recognize him from the 90's comedy Wings).

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
        Listening to "It" for the first time. It's great and I really like the narrator (Steven Weber... I recognize him from the 90's comedy Wings).
        the book is pretty gnarly
        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Listening to "It" for the first time. It's great and I really like the narrator (Steven Weber... I recognize him from the 90's comedy Wings).
          I'm looking for a change of pace. Might throw this one in the old CD player (right Pelado?).
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
            I'm looking for a change of pace. Might throw this one in the old CD player (right Pelado?).
            Go for "It"!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Reading (well, listening to) Spoonbenders by Daryl Gregory. Read by Ari Fliakos (who also read The Nix). Its about a family with mental/psychi abilities, who are sometimes also con men. Very enjoyable so far.
              I am halfway through reading this and really like it. Thanks for the recommendation.

I recently finished Artemis, by the guy that wrote The Martian. Not very good, imo.

I also read The end of the world running club by Adrian J Walker. Pretty good post-apocalyptic book.

Slowly working my way through the Wheel of Time series as well. Book 0-3 are done. Robert Jordan could have told the same story in 1/3 the length. Sheesh that guy was verbose.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                Slowly working my way through the Wheel of Time series as well. Book 0-3 are done. Robert Jordan could have told the same story in 1/3 the length. Sheesh that guy was verbose.
                This only gets worse until Sanderson takes over. The first few books are postively terse in comparison to say books 7 and 8.

Comment

I am halfway through reading this and really like it. Thanks for the recommendation.

I have been reading a couple of John Sandford's books in the Virgil Flowers series. Virgil is a funny dude and I generally like Sandford's quirky Minnesotan characters. I'm reading Dark of the Moon right now, which I think is the first Virgil book. Just finished Escape Clause a few days ago, which might be the latest Virgil book? Anyway, I find myself laughing out loud (not cracking up, but chuckling) fairly often in these detective/crime thrillers.
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• The Worst Hard Time - interesting look at the dust bowl era - what caused it, what conditions were like, etc.
                    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

I should be getting the next Flavia de Luce book through the libary this week. I love mysteries, but that series is one of my favorites.

Originally posted by pelagius View Post
                      This only gets worse until Sanderson takes over. The first few books are postively terse in comparison to say books 7 and 8.
                      Ugh, that make me tug on my braid. My friend read through book 8 and then quit. My goal is to beat him to the end. Seeing as how he has been on 9 for over 2 years, I am pretty sure I have thing in the bag.

Comment

I should be getting the next Flavia de Luce book through the libary this week. I love mysteries, but that series is one of my favorites.
                        I have never read (nor even heard of) that series. Just downloaded the ebook and audiobook for The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I have never read (nor even heard of) that series. Just downloaded the ebook and audiobook for The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie.

I have listened to a couple of them and I really didn't like the woman who read them. Prefer to read them.

Comment

I have listened to a couple of them and I really didn't like the woman who read them. Prefer to read them.
                            Aw crap. I hate it when the narrator ruins the book. I've about given up on anything Scott Brick narrates.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Aw crap. I hate it when the narrator ruins the book. I've about given up on anything Scott Brick narrates.
                              Yes. Thank you. Scott brick is the terriblest.

Comment

Yes. Thank you. Scott brick is the terriblest.
                                He ruins ALL THE BOOKS!

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X