No announcement yet.

Indian Food--Please Sir, I'd Like No More

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's a reason most Indian people I meet are skinny, its because their food sucks. I've had lots of Indian food and its rarely good and never great, and I live in a city with lots of Indian restaurants.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
      Maybe that's your Norm for Chinese. Sad.
      I hate Chinese buffets. But they are everywhere in the US.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Indian food is my favorite international cuisine. I have never had anything I did not love except frozen.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          I hate Chinese buffets. But they are everywhere in the US.
          There's a pretty good Chinese restaurant on 72nd that has both buffet and restaurant sides. All of the Chinese people sit on the restaurant side, and the Americans are all on the buffet side. Whenever I go there with my fiance's family, I'm always the only white guy on the restaurant side. I looked at the buffet once, and it looked like every other Chinese buffet. The restaurant side has some pretty good food, though.
          Not that, sickos.

Comment

I spent a week in India and the food can get old pretty quickly, but the same can be said of Japanese traditional fare (really, how much broiled fish with miso, pickles, rice and misoshiro can one be expected to enjoy when it comes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner?).

If going to Delhi, you must eat at this place. I came to understand that Indian food is regional, and as far as I could tell, North West Frontier cuisine is the best and heavy on meat. The dal was excellent as well.
            Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
              India is so far behind Thailand on the curry scale that it's hardly worth comparing them. Indy and JL have it right, with a couple of additions:

I agree with you on Filipino and Hawaiian food, though. Utter crap. Seriously, that L&L has lasted as long as it has (and grown, it appears) is honestly baffling.
              I prefer Indian over Thai curry. But Thai is a close second.

I don't think I hate all foods in any specific cultural cuisine. I like some more than others. But there is always at least one great dish in any culture. Overall I'm not a huge fan of Greek, but Moussaka is divine. English and Scottish food doesn't get me excited much but they have their moments. But Lebanese, Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Italian, Mexican, Uruguayan (married into this cuisine. The beef is superb and the Chivito is a sandwich second to none), German, etc. Food is good everywhere. I'm not a high roller so I don't know much about French, but I hear its the best.

Comment

Anyone making fun of Hawaiian food in this thread can kiss my white Hawaiian ass.
                So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

The best meal I've ever eaten was a sweet curry at an Indian place in Machynlleth, Wales. Most of the Indian food I've had in the US overuses cumin so much it tastes like spicy dirt.
                  "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Originally posted by USUC View Post
                    I love Indian food. The only bad Indian I've had is grocery store bought "heat up" type. The best Indian in Utah hands down is the Tandoori Oven in Logan. Its in a gas station. The best I've had is a place in Curry Row on Manhattan. Couldn't even tell you the name.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
                    Way back when I was about 15 years old, our young men's advisor brought instant-type Indian food to our mutual activity. We made the food and then he filmed each of us eat the food as if we were making a commercial for it. I think only one of us vomited, though all of us wanted to.
                    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Indian done right is one of my top three cuisines. I love it. Part of that may be because I eat it about once a year at most, due to my wife's sensibilities being closer to PAC's, and the dearth of any good Indian restaurants in North Carolina.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                        Anyone making fun of Hawaiian food in this thread can kiss my white Hawaiian ass.
                        Add my fat white Hawaiian ass to this too.

The best part about Hawaiian food is that while you have traditional Hawaiian dishes, Hawaiian cuisine is generally the best of all the Asian, American and Pacific island foods. Hawaii is fusion.
                        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                        -Turtle
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
                          Real Chinese food sucks so much balls.
                          One of my favorite Idiot Abroad episodes is when they sent Karl to China and he's at the market trying to get something to eat and I think all he ends up with were a bag of chips and a soda because everything else was scorpions and sea horses on a stick.
                          -Turtle
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by USUC View Post
                            I prefer Indian over Thai curry. But Thai is a close second.
                            My order is Japanese/Korean style curry first. Thai second. Indian third. But that probably has more to do with when I was introduced to them and how often I've experienced them. Thai is starting to overtake Japanese style for first.

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                              My order is Japanese/Korean style curry first. Thai second. Indian third. But that probably has more to do with when I was introduced to them and how often I've experienced them. Thai is starting to overtake Japanese style for first.
                              To be perfectly honest, my curry preferences have a lot to do with frequency. My wife's stomach doesn't take Indian well so we get Thai a lot more than Indian.

The first time i had curry it was Japanese style from a Japanese roommate when i was right out of high school. My palate was less than refined in those days. I hated it. Haven't tried it since. I should give it a go.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                                Same as my order. Japanese/Korean curry is the bomb. Thai is second but not that close to Japanese curry. Indian distant third.

Indian food seems to be one of those foods that when it comes up in conversation everyone has to say "I love Indian food." But really they're all lying because they haven't eaten that much of it and they just like naan.
                                -Turtle
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X