No announcement yet.

Has this Snowden Kid No Principles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That would go a long way in explaining what he's done.
    Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
      And who gets to decide when that is appropriate? Is it strictly a function of whether or not they make a personal moral judgment instead of making money? I'm sure taking a more anarchistic approach in our moral relativist society will yield desirable results if people are permitted to divulge what and when they will, absent any consequences, just as long as they did it for the "right" reasons.
      Indy's right. Snowden should have sought permission from his supervisors before releasing any documents. You know, to avoid moral relativism and whatnot.
      Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost.
      --William Blake, via Shpongle

Comment

At first I had mixed feelings. I didn't care for his revealing of classified and very sensitive information, but I could see why he did what he did given what he was revealing. Then he ran to China and Russia. I think that shows that his intent wasn't to reveal the information for the public's good.
        Not that, sickos.

Comment

WTF? Worst thread ever, and I'm not talking about the subject. I expect more from mbn. It looks like the Japanese have finally gotten to him.
          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
            WTF? Worst thread ever, and I'm not talking about the subject. I expect more from mbn. It looks like the Japanese have finally gotten to him.
            Did I not tell you all that this was going to happen about ten posts up?!?

I told them, DH, but they willfully ignored me. I hereby withdraw my protection.
            Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost.
            --William Blake, via Shpongle

Comment

It's sad that the focus is on Snowden and not the Patriot act. I guess that is probably his fault with the way he has handled the press. I don't know if he is a patriot or a Benedict Arnold, but I do think there are serious issues with the Patriot act and it could easily be abused. Watergate type spying on the opposition suddenly became much easier.

Secrets courts and civilian surveillance don't sound like things found in a thriving democracy/republic to me. We could easily soon look like Russia where one leader/group has a strangle hold on the country under the guise of democracy.

Comment

Originally posted by beefytee View Post
                It's sad that the focus is on Snowden and not the Patriot act. I guess that is probably his fault with the way he has handled the press. I don't know if he is a patriot or a Benedict Arnold, but I do think there are serious issues with the Patriot act and it could easily be abused. Watergate type spying on the opposition suddenly became much easier.

Secrets courts and civilian surveillance don't sound like things found in a thriving democracy/republic to me. We could easily soon look like Russia where one leader/group has a strangle hold on the country under the guise of democracy.
                That's a legitimate concern. The beauty of a democracy is we have the ability to change things if as a nation we decide we don't like how things are done.

Comment

Originally posted by thesaint258 View Post
                  At first I had mixed feelings. I didn't care for his revealing of classified and very sensitive information, but I could see why he did what he did given what he was revealing. Then he ran to China and Russia. I think that shows that his intent wasn't to reveal the information for the public's good.
                  I can't speak to his intent or motivation, but IMO he absolutely revealed information the public needed to know about. Now, will we do anything about it? So far, it looks like the answer is no.
                  "Remember to double tap"

Comment

Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
                    That's a legitimate concern. The beauty of a democracy is we have the ability to change things if as a nation we decide we don't like how things are done.
                    Yes, if the voting public knows what's going on.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
                    At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
                    -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Tic View Post
                      Did I not tell you all that this was going to happen about ten posts up?!?

I told them, DH, but they willfully ignored me. I hereby withdraw my protection.
                      You were like Noah, mbn was like the unicorn, donut was like God's tears flooding the earth.
                      Get confident, stupid
                      -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
                        Yes, if the voting public knows what's going on.

I talking specifically about the Patriot Act.

Comment

He has no principles. This purported protector of our liberties has run off to Russia for asylum. What else is there to say about him?
                          When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                            He has no principles. This purported protector of our liberties has run off to Russia for asylum. What else is there to say about him?
                            Yup, that pretty much captures it.

Who else would or could stand up against the most powerful country in the world and offer it? Our best friend aren't going to. Iran?

At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
                            -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

Just because he doesn't want to get caught, doesn't mean he didn't have some pure motives. It's a little strange that some people on this board seem to be implying otherwise.
                              I'm like LeBron James.
                              -mpfunk

Comment

I've been of the mind that if Snowden has only revealed that the fed has been scooping up phone records wholesale, this does not endanger the country. It only notifies the citizenry of oversteps by the government.

There's a big difference between getting a warrantless phone tap or record request in the case where there is probable cause and just taking everything that exists, IMO.

If he is revealing particular information like decryption keys or the names of counterintelligence agents, that's treasonous.

But as far as I know, this is not the case.

Comment

Working...
                                X