No announcement yet.

Naked and Afraid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can't imagine my disappointment when I clicked on this thread to find that it wasn't dedicated to speculation about oxcoug's future wedding night.
    sigpic
    "Outlined against a blue, gray
    October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
    Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

Originally posted by cowboy View Post
      You can't imagine my disappointment when I clicked on this thread to find that it wasn't dedicated to speculation about oxcoug's future wedding night.
      "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by cowboy View Post
        Nope, that's this thread.

http://www.cougarstadium.com/showthread.php?t=49717
        "I don't mind giving the church 10% of my earnings, but 50% of my weekend mornings? Not as long as DirecTV NFL Sunday Ticket is around." - Daniel Tosh

Comment

Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
          Are you saying that makes him more badass or more of an idiot? Because I'd like to think it's a little bit of both honestly.
          Definitely both. He didn't get bit, but he also didn't know what it was which was odd. I know from reading interviews of others they had some time to research the area beforehand. How he couldn't recognize that snake is surprising.
          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
          -Turtle
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
            So far I've been skipping the follow up show because I think the follow genre in general is cheesy and lame ("After the Catch" is my canonical example of how a good series like Deadliest Catch starts jumping the shark when they do these stupid spin-off and follow up shows or replay the same episodes with tweets enabled and stuff like that). Do you think the follow up show for N&A is worth watching?
            I trust that the follow up show includes everyone in the buff again? It only seems fair.
            I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

This week's episode was in Bolivia. The chick was a Wiccan and described herself as an "American Witch". Right off the bat the choice of hatchet was interesting and then the choice of drill sticks for fire starter blew me away. The dude proved he has great manual fire starting skills but if you're that good why not go with a pot for boiling water because you already know you can start fire from sticks? Bringing your sticks with you just doesn't make sense to me.

This couple was pretty uncooperative with each other. When the chick started hanging out witch pentagrams around the camp, it started to get weird. When she started talking about how her husband would do a better job of hunting, I just completely wrote her off. On the one hand she didn't like the dude telling her what to do but on the other hand she says "he's a man, he should get food" - this witch was a total hypocrite.

Spoiler for Spoiler alert!:
              I thought for sure the witch would tap out but then the dude, who seems like he knows what he's doing, taps out after 16 days? Crazy! The witch prays to her goddess and the goddess delivers a rotten parrot head? She needs a new religion!

Getting medically DQed on the 20th day was tough though. Unfortunately, my DVR quit recording right as she was getting evacuated so I don't know what happened to her - can anyone help out and tell me what happened?

As far as location, I thought Bolivia was pretty nice compared to some of the places. Plenty of water, lots of material for shelter, weather not too bad, didn't have a problem with too many bugs. There wasn't much in the way of food but it wasn't any worse food-wise than some of the other places with worse conditions.

Comment

They found nothing wrong with her. She had severe cramps but nothing serious. The dude had 3 tropical diseases including a severe form of malaria that he is still to this day recovering from.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
                *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                  They found nothing major wrong with her. She had severe cramps but nothing serious. Typical dehydration. The dude had 3 tropical diseases including a severe form of malaria that he is still to this day recovering from.

*Banned*

Comment

This week's episode was in Bolivia. The chick was a Wiccan and described herself as an "American Witch". Right off the bat the choice of hatchet was interesting and then the choice of drill sticks for fire starter blew me away. The dude proved he has great manual fire starting skills but if you're that good why not go with a pot for boiling water because you already know you can start fire from sticks? Bringing your sticks with you just doesn't make sense to me.

This couple was pretty uncooperative with each other. When the chick started hanging out witch pentagrams around the camp, it started to get weird. When she started talking about how her husband would do a better job of hunting, I just completely wrote her off. On the one hand she didn't like the dude telling her what to do but on the other hand she says "he's a man, he should get food" - this witch was a total hypocrite.

I thought for sure the witch would tap out but then the dude, who seems like he knows what he's doing, taps out after 16 days? Crazy! The witch prays to her goddess and the goddess delivers a rotten parrot head? She needs a new religion!

Getting medically DQed on the 20th day was tough though. Unfortunately, my DVR quit recording right as she was getting evacuated so I don't know what happened to her - can anyone help out and tell me what happened?

As far as location, I thought Bolivia was pretty nice compared to some of the places. Plenty of water, lots of material for shelter, weather not too bad, didn't have a problem with too many bugs. There wasn't much in the way of food but it wasn't any worse food-wise than some of the other places with worse conditions.
                    I wandered in to the episode late, so I didn't know the back story on either of them. Now knowing the Wiccan connection, some of it makes sense. She was pretty good at weaving her pentagrams. C'mon, that guy seemed pretty useless out there trying to spear a fish. Was there no other food source? It didn't seem like they tried all that hard. He mashes the scorpion, but then doesn't try to cook it up. Don't these guys even watch Survivorman? (Note: I'm loving Survivorman Bigfoot; awesome.) With one scorpion out in the open I would expect there to be a lot more under rocks and things.

I would have tossed the picked-at parrot head. How much protein could it have had?

They rushed her to the hospital. You could see they were almost sure she had appendicitis, but nothing. She was healthy, and pretty happy after a little bit in the hospital. The final scene is her chewing on a chicken leg.

I agree that Bolivia seemed pretty nice
                    Last edited by myboynoah; 04-22-2014, 12:08 AM.
                    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

I can confirm that Bolivia is nice.
                      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                        I can confirm that Bolivia is nice.
                        Sure, for now. But just wait unin iron mike fades there!
                        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by ewth8tr View Post
                          I still laugh about the Mormon guy who claimed to be an expert hunter, then while cooking the snake, cooked it for hours until it had absolutely no nutritional value left.
                          I was watching reruns on Sunday and saw this episode. The second attempt when they knew for sure they had to get it right was to smoke it all night long. They wake up in the middle of the night to a roaring fire and the snake is again ruined. How hard is it to cook a snake when you're not cooking for flavor and just to avoid starvation?

Comment

How many people in this country can make a living by teaching survival techniques? I'm sure it can be a real professional boost by being on the show and doing well but for this guy it looks like it could hurt him.

I wondered if the girl was hurting that bad or if she just didn't want to hike out to the extraction point.

Comment

That episode sucked. Those two were some of the worst people yet, especially the girl. The way the guy started fire was impressive but if he could manually get a fire going with sticks, why not take a pot or something else like someone suggested. I am not sure what, if any skills the girl had. All she was good for was making her witch crafts and collecting wood. The guy did contract 3 tropical diseases including malaria so he had an excuse, but the girl didn't have anything wrong with her. That location was also one of the least hostile yet. So disappointing.
                              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                              -Turtle
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                                I am not sure what, if any skills the girl had. All she was good for was making her witch crafts and collecting wood. That location was also one of the least hostile yet. So disappointing.
                                Didn't she say something like it was the men's responsibility to find the food and her responsibility was to do the dishes after. That's pretty easy when you don't have a dish.

Comment

Working...
                                X