X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
    Gotta agree. Not that good.
    I'm a fan.

When it comes to delivery/takeout pizza, what is sufficiently better? Used to be Papa John's, but no more.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Homemade pizza blows the doors off of any chain pizza, but it takes a lot of prep if you make your own dough. Lately, we have been buying dough balls for $3/each from Nico's Pizza (formerly Nicoitalia). In addition to being outstanding dough, we no longer have to hassle with mixing dough two days prior to when you want it. We also buy moz at costco and freeze it in 6 oz bags so we cn just pull out one for each pizza we want to make. Works great.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        Homemade pizza blows the doors off of any chain pizza, but it takes a lot of prep if you make your own dough. Lately, we have been buying dough balls for $3/each from Nico's Pizza (formerly Nicoitalia). In addition to being outstanding dough, we no longer have to hassle with mixing dough two days prior to when you want it. We also buy moz at costco and freeze it in 6 oz bags so we cn just pull out one for each pizza we want to make. Works great.
        Do you have a high-speed self-driving that delivers your homemade pizzas to the neighbors? Post the video!
        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Homemade pizza blows the doors off of any chain pizza, but it takes a lot of prep if you make your own dough. Lately, we have been buying dough balls for $3/each from Nico's Pizza (formerly Nicoitalia). In addition to being outstanding dough, we no longer have to hassle with mixing dough two days prior to when you want it. We also buy moz at costco and freeze it in 6 oz bags so we cn just pull out one for each pizza we want to make. Works great.
          good post.

Comment

We did the same thing when we had a good place to get dough. Our go-to for dough was a boutique grocery chain called 'fresh & easy'. Sort of a Whole Foods for the masses; Lots of fresh made stuff in house without all of the hipster baggage. They made fresh pizza dough every day, and it was amazing. Alas, they went belly up. We've tried dough from a few other places, and it's just not as good. Most places sell dough that is either so over-leavened (WinCo, Smith's) that it's a freaking hot air balloon when it cooks, or so under-leavened (Trader Joe's) that it's essentially a pita.
            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• i like dominos
              Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post

We did the same thing when we had a good place to get dough. Our go-to for dough was a boutique grocery chain called 'fresh & easy'. Sort of a Whole Foods for the masses; Lots of fresh made stuff in house without all of the hipster baggage. They made fresh pizza dough every day, and it was amazing. Alas, they went belly up. We've tried dough from a few other places, and it's just not as good. Most places sell dough that is either so over-leavened (WinCo, Smith's) that it's a freaking hot air balloon when it cooks, or so under-leavened (Trader Joe's) that it's essentially a pita.
                Glazier's on Durango and Warm Springs used to have excellent pizza dough. But then those bastards sold out to Smiths.
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                  I'm a fan.

When it comes to delivery/takeout pizza, what is sufficiently better? Used to be Papa John's, but no more.
                  For the big national chains, you're right. There really isn't a big chain that's any better than Dominos.

Papa John's == Dominos >> Pizza Hut >> Little Caesar's

In my neighborhood we also have regional chains like Mountain Mike's and Godfather's and local places like The Pie that deliver.

Strangely, my kids love Little Caesar's but I think it's the absolute worst. Little Caesar's has very little sauce, almost no cheese, and an average of about 1 crappy pepperoni per slice.

Comment

• I don't hate Dominos. That's about all I can say.

We buy our dough from a local pizza joint. My partner at work looks down on that, since he is such a foodie and makes his own dough. Whatever. The dough is consistent and turns out great.
                    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                    - SeattleUte

Comment

• don’t sleep on lil ceaze pep with crazy crust
                      Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Growing up in Canada, Dominos had really good pizza. When I came to Utah Dominos was horrible and had been until about 5 years ago. It has improved dramatically.

Like others on here, my kids really like Little Caesars and with how cheap it costs we have it quite often. It's not good but feeds the family for under $20 with plenty of leftovers the next day.

My wife makes great homemade dough and we do that every once in a while, but she is pretty busy and will be for the next year or so, so I doubt we will have much homemade pizza.

Also, Self-driving cars are cool!

Comment

• It’s been a long time since I’ve eaten Dominoes or papa johns. We used to frequent Pie Five but it closed so now we go to Mod Pizza, which I think is very good.
                          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                            It’s been a long time since I’ve eaten Dominoes or papa johns. We used to frequent Pie Five but it closed so now we go to Mod Pizza, which I think is very good.
                            I'm guessing you only get your kids hamburgers from trendy local shops too?

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                              I'm guessing you only get your kids hamburgers from trendy local shops too?
                              Freddy’s and Whataburger

We actually go to Torcys tacos most of the time as we can all eat for around $40 total, which isn’t bad for a bunch of teenagers.
                              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Without an oven that gets to at least 700 degrees, homemade pizza is very mediocre. If you have the right oven though homemade pizza is so much better than most pizza restaurants and every pizza chain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Working...
                                X