Venezuela sin Chávez: The Nicolas Maduro Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
    I just skimmed the list of companies that donated to Trumps inauguration. The libs are going to have a lot more companies to boycott, including google and Microsoft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
      I just skimmed the list of companies that donated to Trumps inauguration. The libs are going to have a lot more companies to boycott, including google and Microsoft.

I would like nothing more but to stop using microsoft products. most of them suck. Unfortunately they've done a great job creating a monopoly, so they don't have to get any better.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
        I would like nothing more but to stop using microsoft products. most of them suck. Unfortunately they've done a great job creating a monopoly, so they don't have to get any better.

Did I mention the apple office suite is now free for both iOS and MacOS?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post

Did I mention the apple office suite is now free for both iOS and MacOS?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
          Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• I don't understand the inner workings of Venezuelan opposition. I've not really seen a commitment to non-violence, so I'm not entirely sure how this hasn't descended into complete civil war yet. Maybe they're so mal-nourished, they can't do it, maybe the Army is so well-equipped, no se atreven, or maybe the leaders have been bought off. I'm just scratching my head at what's happened.
            Last edited by wuapinmon; 04-21-2017, 05:57 PM.
            "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
              maybe the Army is so well-equipped, no se atrevan
              If I had to guess, this is what I would pick.
              "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
                If I had to guess, this is what I would pick.
                Damn, Spanish error. Should be atreven.
                "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• I'm doing a couple Venezolano asylum cases. Part of the opposition, and they are very well-educated people who just can't fight what the gov't is doing to them-- not overt like what Cuba did to the opposition, but acts of coercion, blacklisting, harassment, etc. It's a political party that still has a presence and pockets of power inside the government as legislators, governors, etc and do win battles here and there in little elections in certain parts of the country, but for these people in particular the lifestyle there has just become untenable and impractical to fight the good fight when you have children to feed and care for.
                  "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• How romantic
                      "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

• Swearing in fury, the crowd strips the man naked and stomps on his head as he sprawls on the ground.

"You want things that come easy? Then take this, you bastard."

In Venezuela, this is what robbers get when they are caught by passers-by.

It is not just the country's economy and political system that are sick, but society itself, experts say. An epidemic of lynchings is one of the most gruesome symptoms.
                        President Nicolas Maduro suggested that a man who was set on fire during a demonstration in May was targeted for being a government supporter. Witnesses said the crowd accused him of thieving.

Maduro broadcast a chilling video of the 22-year-old man running in flames after being doused in fuel and set alight. The man died in hospital two weeks later.

In another case, a man was set on fire by a crowd who thought he had committed a robbery, but it turned out he had been trying to help the victim.
                        Photos included with the article.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/venezuela...094329281.html

Comment

• http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...ongress-powers

I'm through making prognostications about when this will all collapse. The Venezuelan people seem to have limitless endurance.
                          The Venezuelan Constituent Assembly, an extremely powerful group called into existence by President Nicolas Maduro, just granted itself another power — one that was once the exclusive province of the country's elected congress: The 2-week-old assembly packed with Maduro supporters decreed Friday it has the power to pass laws.

Comment

• Dejen que coman empanadas.

Comment

• https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ar-s-free-fall

On his Sunday television show, Maduro announced the nation would create its own “petrocurrency,” backed by reserves in oil, gas, gold and diamonds. It will enable Venezuela “to advance in monetary sovereignty, carry out its financial transactions to overcome the financial blockade,” Maduro said.

“This will allow us to advance toward new forms of international financing for the country’s social and economic development,” he said.

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Working...
                                X