No announcement yet.

Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My mil bought me a year long subscription to Soul Socks. I've never worn any of the 12 pairs I received.

Comment

we’ve drifted off into hot fashion talk.
      What other good ideas for saving time with the laundry?
      My mom got on a kick of safety pinning socks together for a while.
      Solid plan when there are two parents and some kids with feet of varying sizes.
      I feel my plan is the logical extension when there are only two parents left in the home.

My wife likes folding socks I guess because she keeps on keeping on. But me, I sort my colors and and ready for something more fun than laundry folding.
      I intend to live forever.
      So far, so good.
      --Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
        What other good ideas for saving time with the laundry?

My wife likes folding socks I guess because she keeps on keeping on. But me, I sort my colors and and ready for something more fun than laundry folding.
        I think you answered your own question.

Comment

Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
          That is a beautiful but ultimately weird pic. Who rolls up their socks and organizes their drawers like that?!?
          Anyone whose wife has read Marie Kondo's book.

I give DH props, though. I couldn't manage that many pairs of non-uniform socks.
          Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
            Anyone whose wife has read Marie Kondo's book.

I give DH props, though. I couldn't manage that many pairs of non-uniform socks.
            It really isn't difficult. As falafel mentioned above, each pair leaves an empty space in the drawer. As long as you do your laundry once a week, at most you're going to have 5-6 pairs to match and place. It truly is much easier than life with solid navy and solid black socks. I used to have to sew a stitch of blue or red thread in the top of each sock just for accurate identification of black and navy in dim light.
            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by chrisrenrut View Post
              I think you answered your own question.

If I ever go full caveman...
              I intend to live forever.
              So far, so good.
              --Steven Wright

Comment

A group of us want to start a monthly study group to discuss political issues (and not personalities) in the current campaign. Topics will include health care, immigration and border security, entitlements and social benefits (e.g., student loan forgiveness), climate change, gun policy, and education. They hope to invite people with a variety of views and have asked for our input.

Two questions: What other topics would you want to discuss?

Do you have any recommended, preferably brief, readings on any of the subjects that would provide a good overview of a given issue?

P.S. You're all invited. First meeting is March 21.

Comment

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                  A group of us want to start a monthly study group to discuss political issues (and not personalities) in the current campaign. Topics will include health care, immigration and border security, entitlements and social benefits (e.g., student loan forgiveness), climate change, gun policy, and education. They hope to invite people with a variety of views and have asked for our input.

Do you have any recommended, preferably brief, readings on any of the subjects that would provide a good overview of a given issue?

critical race theory, intersectionality, gender, sexism, etc.
                  When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                    Seconded.

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                      over-democratization, i.e. who should be elected, who should be an appointed professional.

Comment

Voter ID laws
                        "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

Is a hotdog considered a sandwich.
                          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                            Is a hotdog considered a sandwich.
                            When you work in the fastfood industry, anything that is meat and bread is called a sandwich. Most people wouldn't call a Big Mac a sandwich, but in the parlance of the employees, everything's a sandwich. I'd call a hot dog a sandwich in fast food. In common speech, I'd call it a special kind of sandwich, but it's more like a street food than a classic idea of a sandwich with two slices of square bread.
                            "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

National Debt
                              Cost of the various programs
                              How much to tax the rich

Is this a virtual meeting, or is it being held in Pleasanton?

Comment

My students typically want to discuss things that school never bothers to explain. Already this week I've discussed, sometimes in class, usually between classes or after class:

1. Why we have corporate/agricultural subsidies and what it means to end them.
                                2. Why China thinks Taiwan is theirs and how we seem to support China and Taiwan both.
                                3. Why is gambling not legal everywhere if it's legal in some instances (lotteries) or some places (Nevada).
                                4. What does hegemony really mean.
                                5. Questions about federal vs states rights (and American-Indian reservation rights), and then I explained the concept of suzerainty between "sovereign" states. Most of them think states rights should go away, except with regard to guns and drugs.
                                6. The punitive approach to drugs and the consequences of those decisions.
                                7. The Fermi Paradox.
                                8. Protecting undeveloped property vs the American dream of owning a home with a yard and so on.
                                "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Working...
                                X