Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The Facebook "Share this!" Hall of Shame

lol old people facebook
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Quote Originally Posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
    In other words, Obama's amnesty has been blocked by the federal court.
    Last edited by Commando; 05-27-2015 at 02:46 PM.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Default The Facebook "Share this!" Hall of Shame

"I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Holy shit- make it stop.

I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

"SHARE THIS INFORMATION FIRST AND READ AFTERWARDS.....SAVE LIFE Share this as much as you can.

"10000 times stronger killer of CANCER than Chemo".. do share it.. can save many lives, fill up hopes and build confidence in the patients...

The Sour Sop or the fruit from the graviola tree is a miraculous natural cancer cell killer 10,000 times stronger than Chemo.
    Why are we not aware of this? Its because some big corporation want to make back their money spent on years of research by trying to make a synthetic version of it for sale.

cancer.jpg

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Default The Facebook "Share this!" Hall of Shame

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Nice to see that McNaughton realizes the Obama clock is ticking. Hope he's practicing his Hillary!
    Last edited by Dwight Schr-ute; 06-20-2015 at 02:11 PM.

Is that the religious painting dude? I honestly don't get this latest one. seems like he is one step away from just painting him as Hitler.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

why did he use king's landing as the backdrop for that?
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Suomalainen New Mexican Disaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    Is that the religious painting dude? I honestly don't get this latest one. seems like he is one step away from just painting him as Hitler.
    Obama as Hitler would probably sell pretty well for him.

Invisible Swordsman DrumNFeather's Avatar
    "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Looks like Obama is singing "Uptown Funk" when it goes... "Don't believe me just watch.."

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
    -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    An unsettling number of my fb friends have been posting this. On one I replied something like "In other news, the swastika is a sacred symbol in hinduism-- bring it back!" Pretty sure the irony fell flat b/c it got a "like."

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    I would be really curious to hear that history lesson. My guess it would involve a discussion of the "War of Northern Aggression".
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar

I would be really curious to hear that history lesson. My guess it would involve a discussion of the "War of Northern Aggression".
    I'm curious as well. I know that it was never the flag of the Confederacy, having been rejected as such by the rebelling states early on. But the Army of Northern Virginia (Lee's force) adopted it as its own. Only after the dissolution of the Confederacy did the flag come to represent the antebellum South, I think. Personally, it doesn't bother me, but since it obviously and understandably offends a very substantial portion of our population, it's simply wrong for any governmental entity to let it fly over state property. As has been noted, if individuals wish to display it, thereby announcing their dubious mindset, then they should feel free to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    I'm curious as well. I know that it was never the flag of the Confederacy, having been rejected as such by the rebelling states early on. But the Army of Northern Virginia (Lee's force) adopted it as its own. Only after the dissolution of the Confederacy did the flag come to represent the antebellum South, I think. Personally, it doesn't bother me, but since it obviously and understandably offends a very substantial portion of our population, it's simply wrong for any governmental entity to let it fly over state property. As has been noted, if individuals wish to display it, thereby announcing their dubious mindset, then they should feel free to do so.
    Indubitably.

I think its creepy how PAC always agrees with me.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
    -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Here are a few comments...

History lesson? Like the fact that flag never flew above the Confederacy? It is not the flag of the Confederacy, it was the flag of the Army of Northern Virginia, and the first time it flew above the Statehouse in South Carolina, was in 1961, in response to the Civil Rights Movement. But you know... History.
    Here is your history lesson – first of all...that isn't the Confederate flag. Second, the traditional meaning has been altered by assholes and currently, in our society, has become a symbol tied to racism and anti-civil rights agendas. Thirdly, it is not too late to change the meaning back but it will be an uphill struggle.

December 1860 – South Carolina is first state to secede from the Union. Ten states followed forming the Confederate States of America. The flag adopted is NOT the flag traditionally recognized today as the Confederate flag. The “Stars and Bars” flag which is the subject of the news this month was the battle flag of General Robert E. Lee of North Virginia.

FACT: After the war, the flag became a source of Southern pride and heritage. <--this is the point people are trying to make today with their Facebook posts and MEMEs.

FACT: The “Stars and Bars” flag was adopted by the Ku Klux Klan and used to promote the group during segregation and became synonymous to their violent hate crimes.

FACT: The “Stars and Bars” was also used as a symbol by the States' Rights Democratic Party or “Dixiecrats” which was formed in 1948 and they OPPOSED the civil rights agenda.

FACT: Due the use of the flag by the KKK and the “Dixiecrats”, other white supremacist groups have adopted the use of the flag for their own groups out of a source of pride and cohesion between groups and to show their support against civil rights.

FACT: Dylann Storm Roof held the “Stars and Bars” after he shot up Charleston, S.C.

What posters fail to recognize is that the flag's meaning HAS changed over the years in the eyes of society and unfortunately has garnered a reputation for racism and inequality.

With that being said, do I think that the flag should be removed. No. I don't believe that we address societal issues by sweeping everything under the carpet. I don't believe that they should have removed the World Trade Center from all films and books either. We don't cope with issues by ignoring them or removing all trace of them. We need to face them head on and in the case of the “Stars and Bars” people have to realize that the meaning has changed and now they have to work hard to change the meaning back in society's eyes – to one that honors the heritage of Southerners and honors the soldiers that fought for her.
    I see it more and more as conditioning that white history should be banned and now we only celebrate other cultures. You can't have Caucasian heritage night at a baseball game cause the NAACP says that's racist.... But you can have black history month....

Guy - I was raised that it was a sign of heritage and family, lives lost for people that died for what they believe in. It has always been a part of my life. I have seen the meaning change over the course of my life. I am passionate about it as much as the people against it. nothing will change my mind, just like I will not change theirs.

Response: One could say the same thing about the Nazi flag...

Guy - And that is their right. If that's what they are proud of?

Someone else: The flag (or any flag for that matter) doesn't hurt anyone and shouldn't matter or have any meaning to anyone other than the owner of it
    It goes on and on and on...including a scintillating discussion on what white heritage really is.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    General Lee From “Dukes of Hazzard” Losing Its Confederate Flag

Say goodbye to the General Lee as you’ve always known it.

In the wake of the deadly South Carolina shooting and the decision by several major retailers to stop selling merchandise featuring the Confederate battle flag, the toy spawned by the hit TV series “Dukes of Hazzard” that became a Southern icon wearing those colors will no longer be produced.
    [...]
    https://www.yahoo.com/autos/general-...294326432.html

It looks like they are replacing the stars and bars on the General Lee with Daisy Duke. Uncle Ted approves!
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

The "stars and bars" is not a reference to the battle flag of the army of northern Virginia. It refers to the actual flag of the confederacy. Wikipedia agrees with me. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag...tes_of_America
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Ragnar Lodbrok Descendant SoCalCoug's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by creekster View Post
    The "stars and bars" is not a reference to the battle flag of the army of northern Virginia. It refers to the actual flag of the confederacy. Wikipedia agrees with me. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag...tes_of_America
    Wikipedia also says it's a common mistake, so you can't really blame Uncle Ted that much. The confederate flag is also referred to as the Dixie flag and the Rebel flag. It's the most common one people associate with the confederacy.
    If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

"Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

"Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

lol. The "my daughter just died" selfie- that old chestnut!

Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post

"What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

that's hot