No announcement yet.

The Facebook "Share this!" Hall of Shame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't imagine being dumb enough to rely on FB for news, but still. Shame on Facebook.

http://gizmodo.com/former-facebook-w...zmodo_facebook

Facebook workers routinely suppressed news stories of interest to conservative readers from the social network’s influential “trending” news section, according to a former journalist who worked on the project. This individual says that workers prevented stories about the right-wing CPAC gathering, Mitt Romney, Rand Paul, and other conservative topics from appearing in the highly-influential section, even though they were organically trending among the site’s users.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      Can't imagine being dumb enough to rely on FB for news, but still. Shame on Facebook.

Apparently, they also artificially forced 'Black Lives Matter' content to trend on FB as well.
      "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

Can't imagine being dumb enough to rely on FB for news, but still. Shame on Facebook.

I read that earlier today. I am not surprised and expected that they did such things. But having the story out there makes everything Zuckerberg claims Facebook is supposed to be even more annoying.

Comment

• "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
            What's wrong with this? It's a powerful, sad statement.
            When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Looks like a young Obi Wan Kenobi.
              "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

• The Facebook "Share this!" Hall of Shame

Another time appropriate gem posted by my MIL's husband. Hard to argue the empirical evidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post

Another time appropriate gem posted by my MIL's husband. Hard to argue the empirical evidence.
                  Gem indeed.
                  Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                    Gem indeed.
                    My favorite part is how Muslim's "yell God is great."

Comment

Haha. These are my favorite. Presented with the pretense of objectivity.
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."

Comment

Haha. These are my favorite. Presented with the pretense of objectivity.
                        In the business we refer to that "as empirical evidence."

Comment

My favorite part is how Muslim's "yell God is great."

That's how I know it's fake. Muslims call him Allah.

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

In the business we refer to that "as empirical evidence."
                            Thought crime resistance!

Comment

Thought crime resistance!
                              You know it's objective because it clearly shows that all four religions have some poor people.

Comment

• The Facebook "Share this!" Hall of Shame

Here's another classic posted by an old ward member.

http://madworldnews.com/nra-know-orlando-shooting/

1. Yes he's American, but his parents...!

2. They kill homos in Afghanistan.

3. "The NRA and guns do not follow a specific ideology," but Muslims do!

4. Their holy books tells them to kill homos!!!!

5. Muhammad kills gays AND his followers after have kills gays.

6. The shooter was definitely Muslim.

7. And a registered democrat.

8. Muslims outside of the Middle East are also prone to violence.

9. The night club was a gun-free zone!

10. "History is repeating itself and the common denominator isn’t a gun. It’s Islam."

Those like three times! Just ignore all of the other 95% of times this doesn't match up.

JUST STOP BLAMING THE NRA!

Last edited by Dwight Schr-ute; 06-12-2016, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X