Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Facebook "Share this!" Hall of Shame

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    In the history of the universe? I don't know. That is a bold claim.
    To be fair, the claim is for “this” universe. Always got to give yourself some wiggle room.

On a related note, my mother-in-law and her husband have been staying with us the last couple of days. The husband is the one who posts 90% of the stuff I share in this thread. He is crazy. Well, he made the mistake of leaving his phone unattended yesterday. After joking about it with my wife for years, I changed his Facebook settings to “only me” so that now, no one else sees the ridiculous crap he posts all day, every day. I also unliked several of the extreme right wing pages he was following and liked several more “neutral” news organizations so that he’s exposed to some better ideas. I’m not super proud of it, but it needed to be done. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
      To be fair, the claim is for “this” universe. Always got to give yourself some wiggle room.

On a related note, my mother-in-law and her husband have been staying with us the last couple of days. The husband is the one who posts 90% of the stuff I share in this thread. He is crazy. Well, he made the mistake of leaving his phone unattended yesterday. After joking about it with my wife for years, I changed his Facebook settings to “only me” so that now, no one else sees the ridiculous crap he posts all day, every day. I also unliked several of the extreme right wing pages he was following and liked several more “neutral” news organizations so that he’s exposed to some better ideas. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out.
      Hilarious.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

On a related note, my mother-in-law and her husband have been staying with us the last couple of days. The husband is the one who posts 90% of the stuff I share in this thread. He is crazy. Well, he made the mistake of leaving his phone unattended yesterday. After joking about it with my wife for years, I changed his Facebook settings to “only me” so that now, no one else sees the ridiculous crap he posts all day, every day. I also unliked several of the extreme right wing pages he was following and liked several more “neutral” news organizations so that he’s exposed to some better ideas. I’m not super proud of it, but it needed to be done. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

"I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

There's a hole in your plan - now that no one can see his posts, we'll never know how he's taken to the new sources.
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
              There's a hole in your plan - now that no one can see his posts, we'll never know how he's taken to the new sources.
              And not only that, this thread is going to dry up!
              "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
              - SeattleUte

Comment

• Is this the modern-day equivalent to poisoning your mother-in-law? (RIP Statman).
                Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Not smart dude. When he finds out his posts are not visible to other people, he’s going to claim that Facebook did it to stifle his free speech. That will just add fuel to the fire and he’ll be back at twice the rage.

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                    Not smart dude. When he finds out his posts are not visible to other people, he’s going to claim that Facebook did it to stifle his free speech. That will just add fuel to the fire and he’ll be back at twice the rage.
                    aw shit- deep state censorship hard at work!
                    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Well, damn. Not sure how he figured it out in just over 24 hours. It appears neither plan is working.

I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• I'm like LeBron James.
                        -mpfunk

Comment

• He's onto you Dwight! As well as every other librul commie trying to take his speech down!
                          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                          - SeattleUte

Comment

• 05FAF25E-34FD-48BE-B809-D6ACDEF4A30E.jpg
                            - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                              [ATTACH]8614[/ATTACH]
                              Wow you'd think with that modern luggage Jesus would update his wardrobe a bit, too...

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                                Wow you'd think with that modern luggage Jesus would update his wardrobe a bit, too...
                                The Trump election was a surprise, even to Jesus. You can’t blame him if he hadn’t updated his wardrobe before he returned to the White House.
                                - SeattleUte

Comment

Working...
                                X