Going against my better judgement here, but here it goes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going against my better judgement here, but here it goes

How did you find CS? -mentioned on CB (been there every day--sometimes hour--since 2001; can't believe I'm adding myself here too [instead?])

How did you choose your moniker? - got hired at a pizza place when I was 17, another guy had same first name so manager pulled "Scooter" out of his hat for me; other guy was fired two weeks later, but my name stuck--though nobody actually calls me that now.

What do you do (other than read CS)? -college professor of Family Studies; eat guacamole whenever I can

How many time zones have you lived in? -lived in every timezone from Pacific to Eastern; also one in Germany

What are your sports loyalties? -Cougars, Huskers, Boilermakers, professional teams with former BYU players (I'm honest), and Colts (local)

Did you ever consider an alternative career path? -grew up thinking I would be an artist or carpenter...do a little of both as hobbies

What's your standing in the church? Peter Priesthood (in practice) meets Devils Advocate (in mind)

Why are you so creepy? How long have you been lurking? -one hour (blind faith here I come!)

Do you expect anyone to respond to this thread? -would be nice for some old-timers from CB recognize me, but it will only sting for a week or two if they don't
    <placeholder signature here> (Note to self: Think of something to put here that is clever, funny, attention-grabbing, and changes the lives of all who read it. Should take just a day or two.)

Welcome to our message board, Scooter.

Comment

"Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Welcome!

No one cares if you don't answer the question about peeing in the sink.

But there is this one guy who might care if you don't mention him specifically by name regarding some question he may or may not ask you. The funny thing is, it's just a yes/no question.

Comment

Welcome. I am glad to have you here.

Comment

Originally posted by Scooter;975712
            What are your sports loyalties? -Cougars, [B
            Huskers, Boilermakers[/B], professional teams with former BYU players (I'm honest), and Colts (local)
            Huskers? We don't need any more "children of the corn" fans around here (one is bad enough) but given you also like the boilermakers I'll let it slide.

Also, give yourself a 20 point bonus for skipping the wuap question all together.

Welcome!
            "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Welcome aboard, Scooter.

My advice is to develop a thick skin because a couple of folks might punch you in the nose to see how you react as the new kid on the playground. Just brush it off and don't be shy about participating. I hope you come to like it here.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Welcome, Scooter.

Do you tend to eat your guacamole with anything in particular, or just straight guac?
                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Welcome, Scooter. I am pleased you chose the pellegrino-approved template to introduce yourself. I disagree with Uncle Ted, you should pay homage to wuap. It's tradition.
                  Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
                  God forgives many things for an act of mercy
                  Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                    Welcome, Scooter.

Do you tend to eat your guacamole with anything in particular, or just straight guac?
                    Chips, pretty much any Mexican dish, hamburgers, sandwiches...

As far as thick skin, I recognize a lot of the apostates/less-actives Cougarboarders here and know their style, so I pretty much knew what I was signing up for (well, had a suspicion anyway).
                    <placeholder signature here> (Note to self: Think of something to put here that is clever, funny, attention-grabbing, and changes the lives of all who read it. Should take just a day or two.)

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                      Huskers? We don't need any more "children of the corn" fans around here (one is bad enough) but given you also like the boilermakers I'll let it slide.

Also, give yourself a 20 point bonus for skipping the wuap question all together.

Welcome!
                      Whoa, I have a fiat for awarding points around here until 2018. This is the very definition of trespass to chattels.
                      "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                        Welcome aboard, Scooter.

My advice is to develop a thick skin because a couple of folks might punch you in the nose to see how you react as the new kid on the playground. Just brush it off and don't be shy about participating. I hope you come to like it here.
                        In the spirit of this post let my throw the first haymaker.

Scooter GTFO!

Comment

Originally posted by pellegrino View Post
                          Welcome, Scooter. I am pleased you chose the pellegrino-approved template to introduce yourself. I disagree with Uncle Ted, you should pay homage to wuap. It's tradition.
                          At some point both you and Wuap need to realize that others' intro posts aren't about you guys. :stirthepot:

Comment

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                            Whoa, I have a fiat for awarding points around here until 2018. This is the very definition of trespass to chattels.
                            -10 points for Uncle Ted.
                            One of the grandest benefits of the enlightenment was the realization that our moral sense must be based on the welfare of living individuals, not on their immortal souls. Honest and passionate folks can strongly disagree regarding spiritual matters, so it's imperative that we not allow such considerations to infringe on the real happiness of real people.

Woot

I believe religion has much inherent good and has born many good fruits.
                            SU

Comment

Welcome.
                              One of the grandest benefits of the enlightenment was the realization that our moral sense must be based on the welfare of living individuals, not on their immortal souls. Honest and passionate folks can strongly disagree regarding spiritual matters, so it's imperative that we not allow such considerations to infringe on the real happiness of real people.

Woot

I believe religion has much inherent good and has born many good fruits.
                              SU

Comment

Working...
                              X