X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey. What's up?

The mandatory questions, things everyone wants to know about you:

How did you find CUF?
    I honestly don't know what 'CUF' stands for.
    While I was googling 'Cody Judy,' this thread popped up.
    I laughed and laughed and have come back a few times.

How did you choose your moniker?
    I registered with my typical one. Started lurking and realized I needed more anonymity. I re-registered with a different email address and this name was first to come to mind. If I'd given it any thought I'd have chosen something else, but wanted to do some searching on the site and thought I needed to register to be able to do that.
    I'm honestly not hard to find, and don't keep private enough so anyone with a brain will be able to track me down after a while.

What do you do (other than read CUF)?

How many time zones have you lived in?

What are your sports loyalties?
    I am the definition of a fair weather sports fan.
    I attended BYU, so I'll always be a BYU fan. However, I couldn't tell you one stat about BYU's sports though (ducking behind the wall...)
    If I have to claim loyalty to a sport, it would be wakeboarding/wakesurfing. - If anyone's interested I can speak for days on this subject and inboard boats. I was a moderator of a forum on the topic for a number of years.
    My general sporting views:
    Michael Jordan is a basketball God.
    Kelly Slater is THE surfing God.
    Kobe is working his way to similar status. His current test, and how he recovers will be incredibly telling. Yes, I am a Lakers fan. Since they win most of the time, that makes it pretty easy to be a fair weather fan.
    Lance Armstrong, even with the doping, is an incredible athlete and has earned my respect for life.
    Don't even bring up Jimmer. What makes me mad about him is Utah and their reaction to him.

Are you looking forward to wuap's welcome question and what do you think it will be?
    Well, if you can look forward to a southern engineers questions, then yes I am - with great anticipation.

Optional, but encouraged questions:

What do you like about CUF?
    Again, I assume CUF is this board.
    I like that it's a large grouping of Mormon's.
    I've enjoyed reading a few threads.
    I've found that I lean toward these gentlemen's attitudes:
    Jeff-Lebowski (no, not trying to suck up)
    clackamascoug
    Surfah
    Donuthole

What don't you like about CUF?
    Never been associated with so many people who openly question the church, the brethren, the doctrines.
    But that's what anonymous open spaces on the internets allow people to do.
    It just feels odd. If I keep coming back, you'll know I've gotten over this and found the good here.

Do you pee in the sink?

Did you ever consider an alternative career path?

When your kids get older, will you do drugs with them in order to teach them a responsible approach to drugs?

What's your standing in the church? (this was originally meant as a joke but it stuck)

Why are you so creepy? How long have you been lurking?
    Posted my first day.

Do you expect anyone to respond to this thread?
    wuap will at least, right?
    Last edited by NorCalBYUFan; 04-26-2013, 09:08 AM.

Welcome aboard. Sorry about the "CUF" confusion. That is our old board name. I updated the template to hopefully avoid confusion in the future.

And for the record, I am OK with suck ups.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Wuap, he called you an engineer. That is the highest compliment one can get. You can just skip the question and declare your friendship.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Welcome, NCBYUF.
        "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

Read into it what you will??? I'm guessing BishopBlackRock would have been a good name for you.

I'm glad to see that my online missionary work here has not gone unnoticed. I personally can't take all the credit for the recent house cleaning, but there's a noticeable decrease in crass language, and anti talk since the name changes. Waup's as nice a guy as you could get to know, so I'm sure that he's flattered with the battlefield promotion to Engineer.

Welcome and don't be shy to share your opinions, we need to keep this place fair and balanced, and its new people who keep it alive.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
          -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            Wuap, he called you an engineer.
            Since I went to Georgia Tech for 8 quarters, I will let the slight slide, but he's stirred up a mess uh yellow jackets.
            "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Welcome. I am glad to have you here.

Comment

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                [H]e's stirred up a mess uh yellow jackets.
                At least it's only WASPs; it could be worse.
                "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

Not as good as NorCalCat.

Comment

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                    Since I went to Georgia Tech for 8 quarters, I will let the slight slide, but he's stirred up a mess uh yellow jackets.
                    That's what I get for assuming, since you posted to the thread titled A question for the ENGINEERS!
                    Last edited by NorCalBYUFan; 04-19-2013, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                      Wuap, he called you an engineer. That is the highest compliment one can get. You can just skip the question and declare your friendship.

Wuap, the southern spanish linguistics engineer, and NorCalBYUFan shall be great friends.

Welcome NorCalBYUFan!
                      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Sweet someone actually agrees with what I say. I should say hella sweet since you're from NorCal.

As for Slater he's God of the ASP. Surfing God for me is Laird.
                        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                        -Turtle
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                          Sweet someone actually agrees with what I say. I should say hella sweet since you're from NorCal.

As for Slater he's God of the ASP. Surfing God for me is Laird.
                          For those who don't know what we're talking about:
                          Laird - LINK
                          Slater - LINK

Laird was the man, that's for sure. He has some serious kahoonas.
                          But watching Kelly do those 360 airs, I think he made a deal with the devil. Goosebumps.

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalBYUFan View Post
                            That's what I get for assuming, since you posted to the thread titled A question for the ENGINEERS!
                            Oh Lord, an apostrophe-abusing wealth manager with poor reading comprehension. I think this is BYU71's dupe account.
                            "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                              Not as good as NorCalCat.
                              Wait, this isn't NorCalCat?
                              Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Working...
                              X