I'm Copelius that's who I am

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
    I believe we are over our quota of attorneys. Are you sure you're not an engineer?
    Actually some of the founding fathers left and started their own practice. We're currently down from our previous highs. However your comments would be correct assuming (and rightly so) that more than one is indeed too many.

Welcome Copewithus.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
    -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
      Copelius, please answer the following question, but consider your answer carefully as our future dealings in this site may depend in large part on your response to this:

My dad was a great Southern storyteller--a prince of his craft. There was a certain truthiness to any story he told, but ultimately--like the ending of Life of Pi--it didn't matter if it were true; it was better the way he told it and his life was not unlike the pater familas of Tim Burton's Big Fish movie. Take the story my dad told, and divide it by 3.14 or by 7 and you'd find the truth, the boring truth. Prince famously sang that "one day all 7 will die," a great song, but not one included on his masterpiece soundtrack for Tim Burton's 1989 Batman film--the track "Batdance" being my favorite from that disc, especially the tempo switch at about 2:45 in when it becomes a funk song for a little while. Though currently playing a buffa version of himself on Family Guy, Adam West will always be Batman. There's no way out of that for him. Though often attacked by better known villains, Batman had to fight against Walter Slezak's Clock King in a couple of episodes. One of his weapons was 'knock out gas,' something else my father was a prince at. Slezak left us in 1983, but seventeen years prior, he played Dr. Coppelius (note the two p's, please) in the Spanish film, El fantástico mundo del doctor Copellius. In the ballet, Dr. Coppelius notices that only death will pay for life (a lesson Khal Drogo's missus learned the hard way), so he plots to sacrifice someone to bring Cappelia to life. While humanity spend billions researching how to bring dolls to life for more prurient purposes, if you could bring any fictional character to life for something not involving the exchange of body fluids, which one would it be, and why?
      I particularly like the flow of this question waup. Well done sir.
      Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
        I particularly like the flow of this question waup. Well done sir.
        I concur. Maybe his best ever?

Waup is making a intellectual/emotional comeback, perhaps bringing his fictional waup back to life. I think he's El Fantastico himself.
        Last edited by clackamascoug; 04-17-2013, 01:03 PM.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
        -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

wuap's stream of consciousness was appropriately encapsulated entirely within one paragraph. It just wouldn't have had the same power otherwise.
          Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

John Bernard Books

The world needs more people with the motto: "I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."
            “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

Originally posted by Copelius View Post
              John Bernard Books

The world needs more people with the motto: "I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."
              We shall be great friends.
              "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                Slezak left us in 1983, but seventeen years prior, he played Dr. Coppelius (note the two p's, please) in the Spanish film, El fantástico mundo del doctor Copellius.
                I liked this part best.
                So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

I keep hoping DDD will return and introduce himself again. I lurk here less with each furthered realisation that he shan't return. Where is the lad?

Comment

Welcome Copelius. I will not let your loyalty to the Yankees sully my opinion of you.

Yet.
                    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                    - SeattleUte

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                      Yeah seems like most Hawaiians I know are Lakers and Raiders fans. My old man was a Lakers fan. Then served his mission in LA. Then we moved there when I was 5. I was a Lakers fan for as long as I can remember. My dad used to buy those caricature shirts for me they'd sell on the streets. I wore the crap out of my back to back one.

Somewhere, I still have the LA Classic Six Pack caricature shirt with Riley, Magic, Kareem, Worthy, Scott, and Coop (IIRC) in a six-pack beer bottle carton. I'm sure that shirt would be banned in many public schools these days. In any case, welcome aboard, Copelius.

Comment

Originally posted by Hypoplastic View Post
                        Somewhere, I still have the LA Classic Six Pack caricature shirt with Riley, Magic, Kareem, Worthy, Scott, and Coop (IIRC) in a six-pack beer bottle carton. I'm sure that shirt would be banned in many public schools these days. In any case, welcome aboard, Copelius.
                        I bet that is worth money. I saw someone trying to get $95 for the back to back shirt I linked above.
                        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                        -Turtle
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                          I bet that is worth money. I saw someone trying to get $95 for the back to back shirt I linked above.
                          That's not bad. Unfortunately, mine has a big tear in it. I only kept it because I still want the picture, which I think is in really good shape. The other one I kept was the Bird & Magic "together at last" Dream Team shirt. It's pretty well worn though.

Comment

Working...
                          X