I'm Copelius that's who I am

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Copelius that's who I am

Goes the introductory recitative of one of my first opera roles.

I will always be more of a lurker than a poster, mostly because I type so slowly, but in the event someone wonders who the infrequent snide remarks come from, I will let people know. I will follow the pattern set forth in the sticky and may add some other tidbits.

The mandatory questions, things everyone wants to know about you:

How did you find CUF? I think it was mentioned a few times on Cougarboard and I got curious on a slow day there.

How did you choose your moniker? As stated above, it was a role I played in Tales of Hoffman at BYU

What do you do (other than read CUF)? Well there is Cougarboard and any Yankees blog. I also practice law on occasion.

How many time zones have you lived in? 6

What are your sports loyalties? BYU sports generally, although I won't watch anything but the three main sports unless I have a relative playing. Also rabid Yankees fan, who had to suffer from the longest title drought in Yankees history:19 years.

Are you looking forward to wuap's welcome question and what do you think it will be? Not sure on both counts

Optional, but encouraged questions:

What do you like about CUF? Thread resurrection and the Foyer

What don't you like about CUF? So much to catch up on, having just joined.

Do you pee in the sink? Not on a regular basis but will if no alternative.

Did you ever consider an alternative career path? See my moniker explanation

When your kids get older, will you do drugs with them in order to teach them a responsible approach to drugs? No, instead I will institute random urinalysis to rival MLB, probably with the same success rate in catching them.

What's your standing in the church? (this was originally meant as a joke but it stuck) I stand when I conduct the ward choir but otherwise sit.

Why are you so creepy? I just was made that way. How long have you been lurking? Since November 2012.

Do you expect anyone to respond to this thread? Probably, but not a significant amount.
    “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Welcome. Please tell me you're from New York or lived there to become a fan of the Yankees.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
      Welcome. Please tell me you're from New York or lived there to become a fan of the Yankees.
      Sometimes you are a victim of your parents passions despite having never lived there. I was lucky. My dad was from LA and loved the Lakers so I loved the Lakers even though I lived in NE until I was 11. Made it easy when I moved to SoCal.
      Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

He could be MPFunk part 2.
        I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

I believe we are over our quota of attorneys. Are you sure you're not an engineer?

Comment

Was living in North Dakota at the time and watching the World Series for the first time. Chose to root for the Yankees, not sure why. Have stuck with them ever since.
            “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
              I believe we are over our quota of attorneys. Are you sure you're not an engineer?
              I am not an engineer, though sometimes I wonder if that might have been a better path.

Comment

Originally posted by Copelius View Post
                I am not an engineer, though sometimes I wonder if that might have been a better path.
                If you place value on minimizing the chances of you going to hell... yes.
                Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
                  wow dude...
                  Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
                    I currently refer to my office as hell, so wouldn't be much of a change.

Comment

Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                      Sometimes you are a victim of your parents passions despite having never lived there. I was lucky. My dad was from LA and loved the Lakers so I loved the Lakers even though I lived in NE until I was 11. Made it easy when I moved to SoCal.
                      Yeah seems like most Hawaiians I know are Lakers and Raiders fans. My old man was a Lakers fan. Then served his mission in LA. Then we moved there when I was 5. I was a Lakers fan for as long as I can remember. My dad used to buy those caricature shirts for me they'd sell on the streets. I wore the crap out of my back to back one.

-Turtle
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FN Phat View Post
                        He could be MPFunk part 2.
                        For all of Funk's sports loyalty faults, at the very least he despises the Yankees.

I don't like the Yankees. But I respect them for many of the same reasons I love the Lakers.
                        -Turtle
                        sigpic

Comment

Copelius, please answer the following question, but consider your answer carefully as our future dealings in this site may depend in large part on your response to this:

My dad was a great Southern storyteller--a prince of his craft. There was a certain truthiness to any story he told, but ultimately--like the ending of Life of Pi--it didn't matter if it were true; it was better the way he told it and his life was not unlike the pater familas of Tim Burton's Big Fish movie. Take the story my dad told, and divide it by 3.14 or by 7 and you'd find the truth, the boring truth. Prince famously sang that "one day all 7 will die," a great song, but not one included on his masterpiece soundtrack for Tim Burton's 1989 Batman film--the track "Batdance" being my favorite from that disc, especially the tempo switch at about 2:45 in when it becomes a funk song for a little while. Though currently playing a buffa version of himself on Family Guy, Adam West will always be Batman. There's no way out of that for him. Though often attacked by better known villains, Batman had to fight against Walter Slezak's Clock King in a couple of episodes. One of his weapons was 'knock out gas,' something else my father was a prince at. Slezak left us in 1983, but seventeen years prior, he played Dr. Coppelius (note the two p's, please) in the Spanish film, El fantástico mundo del doctor Copellius. In the ballet, Dr. Coppelius notices that only death will pay for life (a lesson Khal Drogo's missus learned the hard way), so he plots to sacrifice someone to bring Cappelia to life. While humanity spend billions researching how to bring dolls to life for more prurient purposes, if you could bring any fictional character to life for something not involving the exchange of body fluids, which one would it be, and why?
                          "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                            Can I give you a hug?
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Welcome copelius. Don't be shy.
                              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Working...
                              X