Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Travel Thread

Sorry to hear about your father’s diagnosis. I hope it was a meaningful, memorable trip, tooblue.
    "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Quote Originally Posted by Pelado View Post
    Glad your travels went smoothly and especially that you were able to see your dad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Public
    Sorry to hear about your father’s diagnosis. I hope it was a meaningful, memorable trip, tooblue.
    Thanks for the kind thoughts. It was a good visit, and calming to see him.

Today is Canada Day for those who are not aware. After getting emails the past few days from the government of Canada reminding me of my promise to self-quarantine, this morning at 9:00 a.m. I got an automated phone call thanking me, and reminding me that I am now past the halfway point of my 14 days. Then, just after 12:00 noon while I was watering the flowers at the front of my house I was paid a visit by a constable from the OPP (Ontario Provincial Police) on a drive by to check in on me.

I said: "as if you don't have better things to do," to which he replied: "It is what it is, sir."

When I crossed the border, I indicated I travelled to Utah, a covid hotspot. I guess that explains the extra interest. I did go to the hospital on Saturday to get tested. They certainly do plunge that swab in deep and twist and twirl it about. The results came back negative, but I will remain in isolation to the end like the good upstanding citizen I am.