Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 111

Thread: Occupy Chick-Fil-A

  1. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by imanihonjin View Post
    Yep, you hit it on the head for me as well. Bigger and crispier chicken (which some may not prefer more crispy). Also, I did like the brioche bun a lot as well. The pickles are bigger and thicker, but I always take the pickles off and eat them by themselves whether at CFA or Popeyes. CFA sauce is one of the better condiments around, IMO. When I get a chicken sandwich hankering I think my go to will be a popeyes chicken sandwich with CFA sauce (we always have extra CFA sauce around as my wife hoards the stuff).
    You can buy knockoff CFA sauce now at most grocery stores. It’s called chicken sauce and it’s in the condiment aisle. It tastes pretty much the same.

  2. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
    You can buy knockoff CFA sauce now at most grocery stores. It’s called chicken sauce and it’s in the condiment aisle. It tastes pretty much the same.
    Nice. I will give it a look. Thanks for the heads up.

  3. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by imanihonjin View Post
    Yep, you hit it on the head for me as well. Bigger and crispier chicken (which some may not prefer more crispy). Also, I did like the brioche bun a lot as well. The pickles are bigger and thicker, but I always take the pickles off and eat them by themselves whether at CFA or Popeyes. CFA sauce is one of the better condiments around, IMO. When I get a chicken sandwich hankering I think my go to will be a popeyes chicken sandwich with CFA sauce (we always have extra CFA sauce around as my wife hoards the stuff).
    Great Value (@Walmart) has a chicken dipping sauce that is surprisingly close to CFA. Our kids go through it amazingly fast. (didn't see your reply on the next page YOhio)
    “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

  4. #34
    Explosivo Commando's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Posts
    16,296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flystripper View Post
    Oops supposed to be a response to big fat meanie

    The chicken breast is bigger and crispier. Chick-fil-A has more options on the sauce which may make it superior based on what you are in the mood for, but the spicy sauce they put on the Popeyes sandwich I had was very good.

    Really? I got Popeyes' chicken tenders on a lark a few months ago and they were a revelation. The same way I never really loved a chicken sandwich until I tried Chik-Fil-A is how I feel about their chicken tenders. One of the best parts is their assortment of sauces- my favorite is the Spicy Mardi Gras Mustard, but they have quite a few. Popeyes is a diet assassin, though.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

  5. #35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    Really? I got Popeyes' chicken tenders on a lark a few months ago and they were a revelation. The same way I never really loved a chicken sandwich until I tried Chik-Fil-A is how I feel about their chicken tenders. One of the best parts is their assortment of sauces- my favorite is the Spicy Mardi Gras Mustard, but they have quite a few. Popeyes is a diet assassin, though.
    hmm didn't know. I am probably just more familiar with the Chick-fil-A sauce options.
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

  6. #36

    Default

    Line out the door at Popeye's on west 40th in Manhattan today. I wanted to see what the hype was about but It cant be good enough to wait that long. This was really a stroke of marketing genius.

  7. #37
    lollygagger hostile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    5,739

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omaha 680 View Post
    Line out the door at Popeye's on west 40th in Manhattan today. I wanted to see what the hype was about but It cant be good enough to wait that long. This was really a stroke of marketing genius.
    Heard on the radio that Popeyes is ending the promotion early as they have run out of ingredients nationwide. They’ll resume once they have re supplied
    "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

    "Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

  8. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hostile View Post
    Heard on the radio that Popeyes is ending the promotion early as they have run out of ingredients nationwide. They’ll resume once they have re supplied
    Brilliant. The build up will be insane.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

  9. #39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
    Agree! I like them better than the normal sandwiches. One time the drive through made an error and gave me the bite size sliders. Absolutely dreadful. As good as the chicken sandwich is, the sliders are equivalently bad.
    I sometimes like to order nuggets for breakfast. CFA is delicious as far as fast food is concerned, but don’t appreciate the slimy pickles they use. Their ice cream is also tasty. I’ve never had Popeyes.

  10. #40

    Default

    Just demolished a spicy chicken sandwich from Popeyes. I have to say it's dang good and I'll actually give it the edge over Chick-fil-A right now. Other than that, Popeyes food is disgusting so overall Chick-fil-A wins as a restaurant

  11. #41
    My Mic Sounds Nice falafel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Las Wegas!
    Posts
    30,150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LiveCoug View Post
    Just demolished a spicy chicken sandwich from Popeyes. I have to say it's dang good and I'll actually give it the edge over Chick-fil-A right now. Other than that, Popeyes food is disgusting so overall Chick-fil-A wins as a restaurant
    Fries come with it? I don't know whether Popeye's has good fries. Half of the equation for me is Chick-Fil-A's waffle cut fries. Yum.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  12. #42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    Fries come with it? I don't know whether Popeye's has good fries. Half of the equation for me is Chick-Fil-A's waffle cut fries. Yum.
    I only got the sandwich. I know they have some sort of cajun fries as their default potato side, but they aren't great.

  13. #43

    Default

    I forget what their fries are like. I usually get the beans and rice for my side.

  14. #44
    My Mic Sounds Nice falafel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Las Wegas!
    Posts
    30,150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LiveCoug View Post
    I only got the sandwich. I know they have some sort of cajun fries as their default potato side, but they aren't great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo Diddley View Post
    I forget what their fries are like. I usually get the beans and rice for my side.
    Making it harder to want to get this sandwich guys.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  15. #45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    Fries come with it? I don't know whether Popeye's has good fries. Half of the equation for me is Chick-Fil-A's waffle cut fries. Yum.
    CFA waffle fries are terrible. Like maybe the worst fries in all of fast food.
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

  16. #46
    My Mic Sounds Nice falafel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Las Wegas!
    Posts
    30,150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flystripper View Post
    CFA waffle fries are terrible. Like maybe the worst fries in all of fast food.


    This smells like a GM level troll.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  17. #47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post


    This smells like a GM level troll.
    Nah, he’s overstating it a bit, but he’s on the right track. The CFA waffle fries are not good. Mushy texture and zero flavor. Not as bad as In n Out’s fries, but not significantly better. I’ll take some Arby’s curly fries over them any day of the week.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

  18. #48
    a day late/a dollar short Sullyute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,023

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flystripper View Post
    CFA waffle fries are terrible. Like maybe the worst fries in all of fast food.
    "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

  19. #49
    My Mic Sounds Nice falafel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Las Wegas!
    Posts
    30,150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    Nah, he’s overstating it a bit, but he’s on the right track. The CFA waffle fries are not good. Mushy texture and zero flavor. Not as bad as In n Out’s fries, but not significantly better. I’ll take some Arby’s curly fries over them any day of the week.
    Arby's? Now I know you are white trash.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  20. #50
    Where's Wallace? Surfah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    V to the izz-A.
    Posts
    33,541

    Default

    I like the waffle fries. They're not great, but they're good spoons for Chick-fil-A and Polynesian sauce.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle

  21. #51
    Board eye candy beefytee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Lehi
    Posts
    4,888

    Default

    I think the CFA fries are alright if you eat them when they are piping hot. They lose their value quickly as they cool down.

    The best fries I've had are the smashburger rosemary fries. Probably not everyone's cup of tea, but they have what I'm looking for. Thinly cut, cripsy fries with good seasoning.

  22. #52
    One man.....one pie Moliere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The Republic of Tejas
    Posts
    21,932

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beefytee View Post
    I think the CFA fries are alright if you eat them when they are piping hot. They lose their value quickly as they cool down.

    The best fries I've had are the smashburger rosemary fries. Probably not everyone's cup of tea, but they have what I'm looking for. Thinly cut, cripsy fries with good seasoning.
    CFA fries are hit or miss for me. I dip them in mayonnaise and sometimes they are delicious and other times they are flat. My favorite fries are from Freddy’s. They are thin and crunchy and they have jalapeño fry sauce.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

  23. #53
    𐐐𐐄𐐢𐐆𐐤𐐝 𐐓𐐅 𐐜 𐐢𐐃𐐡𐐔 Uncle Ted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Where ∑ ★ = 1
    Posts
    21,481

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Surfah View Post
    I like the waffle fries. They're not great, but they're good spoons for Chick-fil-A and Polynesian sauce.
    CFA sauces are crack.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  24. #54
    My Mic Sounds Nice falafel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Las Wegas!
    Posts
    30,150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beefytee View Post
    I think the CFA fries are alright if you eat them when they are piping hot. They lose their value quickly as they cool down.
    This is true of all fries, ever.

    Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    CFA fries are hit or miss for me. I dip them in mayonnaise and sometimes they are delicious and other times they are flat.
    Thank you, we don't need anymore from you.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  25. #55

    Default

    I wasn't kidding. I solved bad In-N-Out fries by ordering them well done. Maybe the waffle fries are better if they crisp them up more? Do they have that ordering option at CFA? I will ask next time. I have never had a CFA waffle fry that wasn't soggy, and soggy fries suck.
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

  26. #56
    Where's Wallace? Surfah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    V to the izz-A.
    Posts
    33,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flystripper View Post
    I wasn't kidding. I solved bad In-N-Out fries by ordering them well done. Maybe the waffle fries are better if they crisp them up more? Do they have that ordering option at CFA? I will ask next time. I have never had a CFA waffle fry that wasn't soggy, and soggy fries suck.
    Well done, animal style. That's what I do.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle

  27. #57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Surfah View Post
    Well done, animal style. That's what I do.
    pro move
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

  28. #58
    My Mic Sounds Nice falafel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Las Wegas!
    Posts
    30,150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flystripper View Post
    I wasn't kidding. I solved bad In-N-Out fries by ordering them well done. Maybe the waffle fries are better if they crisp them up more? Do they have that ordering option at CFA? I will ask next time. I have never had a CFA waffle fry that wasn't soggy, and soggy fries suck.
    Maybe your CFA just sucks. I can't remember ever having soggy fries at CFA. Soggy fries do suck. My only complaint is when they don't salt them enough, but that holds true for all fries (especially Wendy's).
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  29. #59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    Maybe your CFA just sucks. I can't remember ever having soggy fries at CFA. Soggy fries do suck. My only complaint is when they don't salt them enough, but that holds true for all fries (especially Wendy's).
    I have dined at probably 30 different CFA locations across the country with the same results...maybe its your location that cooks them longer? or maybe we have a different definition of what is categorized as a soggy fry. All I know is that I have never had a crispy waffle fry from CFA.
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

  30. #60
    My Mic Sounds Nice falafel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Las Wegas!
    Posts
    30,150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flystripper View Post
    I have dined at probably 30 different CFA locations across the country with the same results...maybe its your location that cooks them longer? or maybe we have a different definition of what is categorized as a soggy fry. All I know is that I have never had a crispy waffle fry from CFA.
    Probably. I will admit to being the opposite of a fry snob. Right now the only fast food fries that I can think of that I don't like are Burger King's. I hate that battered fry crap. McD's, Freddy's, CFA, In N Out, Wendy's, the Habit, Five Guys, they are all good in my book.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •