Occupy Chick-Fil-A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
    Yep, you hit it on the head for me as well. Bigger and crispier chicken (which some may not prefer more crispy). Also, I did like the brioche bun a lot as well. The pickles are bigger and thicker, but I always take the pickles off and eat them by themselves whether at CFA or Popeyes. CFA sauce is one of the better condiments around, IMO. When I get a chicken sandwich hankering I think my go to will be a popeyes chicken sandwich with CFA sauce (we always have extra CFA sauce around as my wife hoards the stuff).
    You can buy knockoff CFA sauce now at most grocery stores. It’s called chicken sauce and it’s in the condiment aisle. It tastes pretty much the same.

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
      You can buy knockoff CFA sauce now at most grocery stores. It’s called chicken sauce and it’s in the condiment aisle. It tastes pretty much the same.
      Nice. I will give it a look. Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
        Yep, you hit it on the head for me as well. Bigger and crispier chicken (which some may not prefer more crispy). Also, I did like the brioche bun a lot as well. The pickles are bigger and thicker, but I always take the pickles off and eat them by themselves whether at CFA or Popeyes. CFA sauce is one of the better condiments around, IMO. When I get a chicken sandwich hankering I think my go to will be a popeyes chicken sandwich with CFA sauce (we always have extra CFA sauce around as my wife hoards the stuff).
        Great Value (@Walmart) has a chicken dipping sauce that is surprisingly close to CFA. Our kids go through it amazingly fast. (didn't see your reply on the next page YOhio)
        “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
          Oops supposed to be a response to big fat meanie

The chicken breast is bigger and crispier. Chick-fil-A has more options on the sauce which may make it superior based on what you are in the mood for, but the spicy sauce they put on the Popeyes sandwich I had was very good.

Really? I got Popeyes' chicken tenders on a lark a few months ago and they were a revelation. The same way I never really loved a chicken sandwich until I tried Chik-Fil-A is how I feel about their chicken tenders. One of the best parts is their assortment of sauces- my favorite is the Spicy Mardi Gras Mustard, but they have quite a few. Popeyes is a diet assassin, though.
          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by Commando View Post
            Really? I got Popeyes' chicken tenders on a lark a few months ago and they were a revelation. The same way I never really loved a chicken sandwich until I tried Chik-Fil-A is how I feel about their chicken tenders. One of the best parts is their assortment of sauces- my favorite is the Spicy Mardi Gras Mustard, but they have quite a few. Popeyes is a diet assassin, though.
            hmm didn't know. I am probably just more familiar with the Chick-fil-A sauce options.
            Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Line out the door at Popeye's on west 40th in Manhattan today. I wanted to see what the hype was about but It cant be good enough to wait that long. This was really a stroke of marketing genius.

Comment

Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                Line out the door at Popeye's on west 40th in Manhattan today. I wanted to see what the hype was about but It cant be good enough to wait that long. This was really a stroke of marketing genius.
                Heard on the radio that Popeyes is ending the promotion early as they have run out of ingredients nationwide. They’ll resume once they have re supplied
                "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

Originally posted by hostile View Post
                  Heard on the radio that Popeyes is ending the promotion early as they have run out of ingredients nationwide. They’ll resume once they have re supplied
                  Brilliant. The build up will be insane.
                  Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                    Agree! I like them better than the normal sandwiches. One time the drive through made an error and gave me the bite size sliders. Absolutely dreadful. As good as the chicken sandwich is, the sliders are equivalently bad.
                    I sometimes like to order nuggets for breakfast. CFA is delicious as far as fast food is concerned, but don’t appreciate the slimy pickles they use. Their ice cream is also tasty. I’ve never had Popeyes.

Comment

Just demolished a spicy chicken sandwich from Popeyes. I have to say it's dang good and I'll actually give it the edge over Chick-fil-A right now. Other than that, Popeyes food is disgusting so overall Chick-fil-A wins as a restaurant

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                        Just demolished a spicy chicken sandwich from Popeyes. I have to say it's dang good and I'll actually give it the edge over Chick-fil-A right now. Other than that, Popeyes food is disgusting so overall Chick-fil-A wins as a restaurant
                        Fries come with it? I don't know whether Popeye's has good fries. Half of the equation for me is Chick-Fil-A's waffle cut fries. Yum.
                        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                          Fries come with it? I don't know whether Popeye's has good fries. Half of the equation for me is Chick-Fil-A's waffle cut fries. Yum.
                          I only got the sandwich. I know they have some sort of cajun fries as their default potato side, but they aren't great.

Comment

I forget what their fries are like. I usually get the beans and rice for my side.

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                              I only got the sandwich. I know they have some sort of cajun fries as their default potato side, but they aren't great.
                              Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                              I forget what their fries are like. I usually get the beans and rice for my side.
                              Making it harder to want to get this sandwich guys.
                              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                                CFA waffle fries are terrible. Like maybe the worst fries in all of fast food.
                                Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Working...
                                X