No announcement yet.

We need a thread on other pork dishes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoking a pork loin roast from Costco for the missionaries tonight. Rubbed with salt, lemon pepper, granulated onion, and some seasoning salt and put it on the smoker at 275. Starting from frozen, of course.

Just added some potatoes to the smoker and bumped the temp up to 300. I'm thinking to pull the pork loin at 145 and FTC until dinner time.
    Last edited by Pelado; 05-19-2019, 04:22 PM.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

I feel like today is a bbq day. Trying different things out to see what to put on the Super Bowl. Trying a new pork burnt ends recipe/process. Going to treat these very similar to the 3-2-1 ribs process.

DE68D453-D309-412B-AAB1-56F730940989.jpg
      A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

Originally posted by CJF View Post
        I feel like today is a bbq day. Trying different things out to see what to put on the Super Bowl. Trying a new pork burnt ends recipe/process. Going to treat these very similar to the 3-2-1 ribs process.

[ATTACH]9943[/ATTACH]
        How did they turn out? Are they going to make the roster for the Super Bowl?
        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

[ATTACH]9943[/ATTACH]
          What is the cut of meat that you're making those from? Pork belly?

Comment

Originally posted by mtnbiker View Post
            What is the cut of meat that you're making those from? Pork belly?
            Yes. Pork belly from Costco. $2.99 a pound.

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
            How did they turn out? Are they going to make the roster for the Super Bowl?
            I think so. My kids love them and they’re super easy. When I can get 3 kids under 11 to come back for seconds I feel like I’ve won the lottery.
            A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

Yes. Pork belly from Costco. $2.99 a pound.

I think so. My kids love them and they’re super easy. When I can get 3 kids under 11 to come back for seconds I feel like I’ve won the lottery.
              What kind of sauce did you put on them for the last hour?

Comment

i've done the pork belly burnt ends. good, not great. seeing that however, makes me want to give it another go.
                I'm like LeBron James.
                -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                  What kind of sauce did you put on them for the last hour?
                  I put a little butter, homemade sauce and some honey. Basically the Johnny Trigg method minus the Tiger Sauce.

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                    i've done the pork belly burnt ends. good, not great. seeing that however, makes me want to give it another go.
                    I don’t absolutely love them, but they’re easy and a change up from regular bbq stuff. It will be just part of the Super Bowl menu. Definitely not strong enough to carry that kind meal on its own. But a regular Monday? Yeah, worth it as a stand-alone.

Comment

I put a little butter, homemade sauce and some honey. Basically the Johnny Trigg method minus the Tiger Sauce.
                      I tried the Johnny Trigg ribs once. Barf. Straight sugar.
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                        I tried the Johnny Trigg ribs once. Barf. Straight sugar.
                        For ribs, I’m not a fan. Neither is Johnny. I’ve heard him talk about never making ribs that way except for competition when it’s one bite. I also didn’t add the brown sugar that his ribs call for. These have a hint of sweet, but with the density of the meat it’s not overwhelming. That said, my wife and I will dip into a mixture of spiced vinegar, soy, and lemon. That cuts both the taste of sweetness and the richness down.

Comment

For ribs, I’m not a fan. Neither is Johnny. I’ve heard him talk about never making ribs that way except for competition when it’s one bite. I also didn’t add the brown sugar that his ribs call for. These have a hint of sweet, but with the density of the meat it’s not overwhelming. That said, my wife and I will dip into a mixture of spiced vinegar, soy, and lemon. That cuts both the taste of sweetness and the richness down.
                          My random BBQ sauce comment: While in Nashville, on our way to a BYU victory in Knoxville, my brother and I partook at the Peg Leg Porker. Everything was very good. However, their spicy sauce was simply amazing. Seriously, our eyes lit up when we tasted it. When I got home, I ordered a bottle online and have been enjoying it ever since. Unfortunately, it is presently out of stock. Sad, because I'm just about out.

https://www.amazon.com/Peg-Leg-Porke...ef_=ast_sto_dp
                          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                            My random BBQ sauce comment: While in Nashville, on our way to a BYU victory in Knoxville, my brother and I partook at the Peg Leg Porker. Everything was very good. However, their spicy sauce was simply amazing. Seriously, our eyes lit up when we tasted it. When I got home, I ordered a bottle online and have been enjoying it ever since. Unfortunately, it is presently out of stock. Sad, because I'm just about out.

https://www.amazon.com/Peg-Leg-Porke...ef_=ast_sto_dp
                            They've supposedly shared the recipe:

https://www.gq.com/story/nashville-p...q-sauce-recipe

Bringle's Basic BBQ Sauce

2 cups tomato ketchup
                            1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
                            1/4 cup brown sugar
                            1/8 cup yellow mustard
                            1/4 cup honey

A Sweet, Spicy Variation for the Fancy Man

Add 1 cup red pepper jelly or Asian Chili Glaze
                            Add 1/4 teaspoon of Cayenne pepper
                            EDIT: Nevermind - that's not their official recipe. It's an "easy" recipe.

Comment

Sometimes simple is good. We did Kalua pork in the crock pot yesterday - pork butt, salt, liquid smoke. Made sliders with Hawaiian king rolls. They were great. Pigs are delicious!
                              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                                Sometimes simple is good. We did Kalua pork in the crock pot yesterday - pork butt, salt, liquid smoke. Made sliders with Hawaiian king rolls. They were great. Pigs are delicious!
                                A wonderful, magical animal.

Comment

Working...
                                X