Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Public Poll: Which position will Kyle Collinsworth play more minutes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Public Poll: Which position will Kyle Collinsworth play more minutes?

Let's see if I can do the poll right.
    In 13/14, KC will play more minutes at the 1 than the 4
    7.89%
    In 13/14, KC will play more minutes at the 4 than the 1
    47.37%
    Through his entire BYU career, KC will play more minutes at the 1
    10.53%
    Through his entire BYU career, KC will play more minutes at the 4
    34.21%

The poll is expired.

If BYU has to play a 6'6" guard significant minutes at the 4, BYU is in trouble and Rose will have grossly mismanaged his roster.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
      If BYU has to play a 6'6" guard significant minutes at the 4, BYU is in trouble and Rose will have grossly mismanaged his roster.
      The collective group of Abouo, KC, and Zylstra has played quite a bit of 4 minutes over the past few years.

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
        The collective group of Abouo, KC, and Zylstra has played quite a bit of 4 minutes over the past few years.
        Abouo is more of a power player than a perimeter guy - IMO, at 6'4"(?) he shouldn't be playing the 4, but if there is a need, sure, throw him out there. Zylstra and KC have no business playing the four.
        I'm like LeBron James.
        -mpfunk

Comment

KC is 6'6" and will guard 3s and 4s. Sure he can handle the ball pretty well for his size, is unselfish, and has a good feel for passing to his teammates. However, he is also a very good rebounder and is only comfortable scoring from inside 10 feet. Call him a point forward if it makes you feel better, but he is going to be a forward for most of his minutes at BYU. I think he will play the 3 and the 4 more than the 1.
          Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

This is an interesting poll because KC is going to spend a lot more time at the 3 than either the 1 or 4.
            Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

"Very good rebounder" just not nearly as good as someone like His brother, or Davies, or even Abouo for that matter, who did NOT log significant minutes at the 4.

Comment

Kyle Collinsworth is so tall...

That he didn't even play post when he was the tallest guy on the court.

But 6-6 in college is super tall..

Despite the fact that Tai Wesley was too short to play for BYU.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacob View Post
                  Kyle Collinsworth is so tall...

That he didn't even play post when he was the tallest guy on the court.

But 6-6 in college is super tall..

Despite the fact that Tai Wesley was too short to play for BYU.
                  Just because a guy can play pg against high school talent does not mean it makes the best use of his abilities at the college level.

I get it. You like him at pg. We just disagree that this is his best position for BYU. I will grant you that Rose might agree with you. We will just have to wait and see how it plays out. From his freshman year I remember a kid who was very uncomfortable offensively outside of 15 feet and I don't like my point guard unable to knock down a jumper.

Edit: oh and missing on Tai Wesley was a big mistake. I am not sure what your point is there.
                  Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                    Just because a guy can play pg against high school talent does not mean it makes the best use of his abilities at the college level.

I get it. You like him at pg. We just disagree that this is his best position for BYU. I will grant you that Rose might agree with you. We will just have to wait and see how it plays out. From his freshman year I remember a kid who was very uncomfortable offensively outside of 15 feet and I don't like my point guard unable to knock down a jumper.

Edit: oh and missing on Tai Wesley was a big mistake. I am not sure what your point is there.
                    I'm arguing that he's not a four, not necessarily that pg is his best position.

Comment

Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
                      This is an interesting poll because KC is going to spend a lot more time at the 3 than either the 1 or 4.
                      I think that much is obvious, hence the reason the poll is indeed an interesting question.
                      Last edited by smokymountainrain; 03-14-2013, 06:57 AM.
                      I'm like LeBron James.
                      -mpfunk

Comment

On True Blue, Cleveland and McCann discussed the team next year, and they threw out the idea of putting KC at the 1 and Carlino at the 2. Interesting idea.

Comment

Given our roster issues, KC may end up playing the 4 more than the 1, but in a vacuum he'd be a better 1 than a 4.
                          Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                            On True Blue, Cleveland and McCann discussed the team next year, and they threw out the idea of putting KC at the 1 and Carlino at the 2. Interesting idea.
                            I've been on record on CS/CUF since probably before KC came to BYU that I thought his best position would be the 1, but ultimately decided that most likely wouldn't be realistic. So if this is true, I would be elated. I'd at least like to see Rose give him a shot at the 1 for an extended period at some point in the next couple years.
                            I'm like LeBron James.
                            -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
                              Given our roster issues, KC may end up playing the 4 more than the 1, but in a vacuum he'd be a better 1 than a 4.
                              Which vacuum? In Dave Rose's vacuum, I think KC might be a better 4 than 1.

If you look at the LDS demographic, finding big men is easier than finding a point guard. Yet Rose has gone with undersized 4's and 5's a lot. Rose will always go smaller than the average fan thinks he should. Many coaches might take our roster next year and not even consider playing KC at the 4. And further, many coaches would configure their roster so they have more beefy, tall guys to choose from at the 4-5.

Comment

Working...
                              X