WARNING:Software Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
    Thanks for the advice. Seems to be working now, even though my Tapatalk signature is still enabled.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
    disable it.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Upgrading the vbulletin software today. Be patient if we go down for a while.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        disable it.
        I'll think about it.
        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Upgrading the vbulletin software today. Be patient if we go down for a while.
          Done!

Comment

Done!
            Way to go Walter and Uncle Ted! Thanks for your help making this a smooth upgrade!

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
              Way to go Walter and Uncle Ted! Thanks for your help making this a smooth upgrade!
              Funny.

Doing vbulletin upgrades is a free service provided by our web hosting company.

Comment

• It seems to have forgotten which threads I've read. Does the new version use different cookie names?

Comment

• I'm more annoyed that now it nags me about the new threads that I didn't find worth looking at the previous time I visited. Am I going to have to hit some button now to "show all threads as having been read" or something>

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott R Nelson View Post
                    I'm more annoyed that now it nags me about the new threads that I didn't find worth looking at the previous time I visited. Am I going to have to hit some button now to "show all threads as having been read" or something>
                    Use the "mark forums read" link at the top.

Comment

Use the "mark forums read" link at the top.
                      or more accurately

Forum Actions on the top left in the blue banner > sub menu Mark Forums Read.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                      -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
                        or more accurately

Forum Actions on the top left in the blue banner > sub menu Mark Forums Read.
                        It shows up at the top when you click on the "New posts" link.

Comment

It shows up at the top when you click on the "New posts" link.
                          I was annoyed at first, but I actually like it now. Lots of times I will miss out on the early board chatter because VB will no longer consider those posts "new' if they've been up for a while. Not sure what that is. But this shows me the "new" and also the less-new.
                          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                            I was annoyed at first, but I actually like it now. Lots of times I will miss out on the early board chatter because VB will no longer consider those posts "new' if they've been up for a while. Not sure what that is. But this shows me the "new" and also the less-new.
                            Yeah, that's probably worth the annoyance of having to click something to say I've seen everything. If I only have time to go half-way through the stuff that might be worth reading I now have the option to not click and it will still be there.

Please disregard what I said earlier.

===== Edit - fix typo =====
                            Last edited by Scott R Nelson; 08-24-2018, 03:00 PM.

Comment

• i'm a fan. the new post feature seems to work better now.
                              I'm like LeBron James.
                              -mpfunk

Comment

Working...
                              X