Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiling the backsplash.
    1/16 inch grout lines.
    Tiling walls is a pain. Gravity is not your friend. Especially for the grout.

Not quite done as there is an appliance garage (that's what I'm told they are called. Lame name) still needs to be put it at the very end of the counter. Thus the stairsteped tile at the end.

I intend to live forever.
    So far, so good.
    --Steven Wright

Comment

• Looks great. Also, thanks for the shot of the nasal spray. I had always wondered what kind you used.

Comment

• Wow, Brian. Looks fantastic.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• I really like that tile. It looks nice.
          Not that, sickos.

Comment

• looks great as usual. any reason you went with that cooktop instead of gas?
            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by thesaint258 View Post
              I really like that tile. It looks nice.
              In addition to the nice looking tile, really like the white cabinets. We are leaning towards using similar colors when we re-model our kitchen but have not been able to come to an agreement on the cabinets. I'm holding out for wood grain/stained cabinets but spouse is insistent on painted white. Might have to alter my view given this further light and knowledge.
              “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
              "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

• Originally posted by Paperback Writer View Post
                In addition to the nice looking tile, really like the white cabinets. We are leaning towards using similar colors when we re-model our kitchen but have not been able to come to an agreement on the cabinets. I'm holding out for wood grain/stained cabinets but spouse is insistent on painted white. Might have to alter my view given this further light and knowledge.
                I've tried to convince my wife that white cabinets would look good and brighten up the kitchen. She always says that cooking Chinese food would make a huge mess of them. I usually respond that since I do most of the cooking, there isn't a lot of that going on anyway. I still lose.
                Not that, sickos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paperback Writer View Post
                  My wife said white is becoming the new thang. I really like them. They really brighten the room as well. She also said that steel appliances are on the way out. We got what's called "White Ice", which is a metallic white, with steel handles for an accent.

That's what she tells me anyway.
                  Last edited by Brian; 10-08-2014, 11:11 AM.
                  I intend to live forever.
                  So far, so good.
                  --Steven Wright

Comment

• We recently painted our cabinets white after moving to a new house. I was skeptical, but now I love it. It turned the kitchen into my favorite room in the house.
                    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Nice work, Brian. I really like the rustic tile against the contemporary shaker cabinets.

White kitchens are all the rage right now (and for the last few years, really). My wife wants to paint our cabinets white, but I've been reluctant so far. I'm not reluctant because of the look--i love the look--but because I'm worried the white kitchen is a fad that is going to look dated within 5 years (sort of like those kitchens where half the cabinets are raised higher than the others, like this:

Maybe it was a good idea 5 years ago, but it looks very 2008 right now.) Alas, everything i've encountered says white kitchens are timeless and won't be going out of style anytime soon. I still have my doubts, but I think we're going to end up doing it before the year is out.
                      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                        looks great as usual. any reason you went with that cooktop instead of gas?
                        I ws wondering this too.
                        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                          Nice work, Brian. I really like the rustic tile against the contemporary shaker cabinets.

White kitchens are all the rage right now (and for the last few years, really). My wife wants to paint our cabinets white, but I've been reluctant so far. I'm not reluctant because of the look--i love the look--but because I'm worried the white kitchen is a fad that is going to look dated within 5 years (sort of like those kitchens where half the cabinets are raised higher than the others, like this:
                          Maybe it was a good idea 5 years ago, but it looks very 2008 right now.) Alas, everything i've encountered says white kitchens are timeless and won't be going out of style anytime soon. I still have my doubts, but I think we're going to end up doing it before the year is out.
                          I don't follow kitchen trends, if I post a picture of my kitchen will you tell me what year we are from?
                          Get confident, stupid
                          -landpoke

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                            Nice work, Brian. I really like the rustic tile against the contemporary shaker cabinets.

your observations appear to be all over the place. But in your heart you have made it clear that you already know the right answer.
                            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                              your observations appear to be all over the place. But in your heart you have made it clear that you already know the right answer.
                              My observations--that white kitchens are popular right now and that they will eventually be out of style--all align, though the information from other sources conflicts with both itself and with my observations. While white kitchens have become increasingly popular recently, the prevailing thought amongst home decor peeps/designers is that that these kitchens will remain stylish long after the appliances have gone out of date. Personally, I find that about as credible as a realtor who tells you that now is the best market to buy a house, not matter the time or market. After all, it is the designers, among others, who stand to gain from present remodels to white kitchens, and if (when) they go out of style, it is the designers who stand to gain again.
                              Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                                I don't follow kitchen trends, if I post a picture of my kitchen will you tell me what year we are from?
                                Mos def!

Comment

Working...
                                X