General Upgrades & Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lost Student View Post
    When we bought our fridge (5.5 years ago when we bought our current home), our kids were -2, 1, and 2. We didn't think we would want an ice & water dispenser on the fridge. Now that our kids are 4, 6, and 8, I really wish we had it. Do you feel the same?
    It has ice, our last fridge from our old house had a dispenser and honestly it led to more spills than anything. I'm happy not to have it.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Comment

• Originally posted by Lost Student View Post
      When we bought our fridge (5.5 years ago when we bought our current home), our kids were -2, 1, and 2. We didn't think we would want an ice & water dispenser on the fridge. Now that our kids are 4, 6, and 8, I really wish we had it. Do you feel the same?
      I totally dig the negative age reference to the kids.
      I'm going to put that in my quiver. My daughter was -3 when we got married. Perhaps a gasp at church in some ellipses.

The creaky pine floors did not disapoint. My bare feet and the floor have been making sweet love all weekend.
      I intend to live forever.
      So far, so good.
      --Steven Wright

Comment

• Barn or Gallows?

Always good to have some Ruffies to aid in the cleanup.

Saw this 'green couple' at the airport.
        So far, so good.
        --Steven Wright

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian View Post
          Barn or Gallows?

Brian, tell us more about that animal at the very left of the picture. Is it part of a life-sized lawn chess set or is it a giant plaster cast that you can paint to your liking? also, that is a very long extension cord!
          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Barn getting closer.

So far, so good.
            --Steven Wright

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian View Post
              Barn getting closer.

Darn. I voted for gallows.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                Darn. I voted for gallows.
                I'm hoping it's a combo gallows barn.
                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• One of the stalls

Same stall looking out to the field. I put in dutch doors to provide breeze in the hot months, and protection from the elements when occasion warrants.

Rubber mats on the stall floors. Not a perfect fit everywhere, but pretty close.

Becky: A very good cat.

The other stall.

So far, so good.
                  --Steven Wright

Comment

• I saw many of the explanation given here and over internet as well, but i suggest use a hot air blower choose a size according to your room simple portable yet effective.

Comment

• Originally posted by bobcatpicket View Post
                      I saw many of the explanation given here and over internet as well, but i suggest use a hot air blower choose a size according to your room simple portable yet effective.
                      No kidding!

Comment

• Last week I replaced the ignitor rod on my Traeger, AND the condensor fan on our refrigerator. I feel like getting a tattoo now, or going full Dom Torreto and installing some NOS on the family station wagon.

Comment

• Anyone have experience using the same pneumatic nail gun to do roofing and cement siding? It's for the barn, so function over form.

I'd hate to buy both since I'll likely not be using either again. I can buy one for the cost of renting both... So, I'd rather buy if I could get away with it.

McThinky from the fellers?
                          So far, so good.
                          --Steven Wright

Comment

• General Upgrades & Ideas

Originally posted by Brian View Post
                            Anyone have experience using the same pneumatic nail gun to do roofing and cement siding? It's for the barn, so function over form.

I'd hate to buy both since I'll likely not be using either again. I can buy one for the cost of renting both... So, I'd rather buy if I could get away with it.

McThinky from the fellers?
                            Roofjng nailers are pretty weak. But they can shoot a nail with a big flat head, which is nice for holding down shingles. I don't know if those nails would penetrate cement siding. And I don't know if you could dial the pressure back on a siding gun to keep the nails from completely piercing the shingles.

Sorry, not much help.
                            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                              Roofjng nailers are pretty weak. But they can shoot a nail with a big flat head, which is nice for holding down shingles. I don't know if those nails would penetrate cement siding. And I don't know if you could dial the pressure back on a siding gun to keep the nails from completely piercing the shingles.

Sorry, not much help.
                              I think the nails it can handle may be the biggest problem. I love my framing nailer. I think it would drive a nail through a rock if necessary.
                              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• So we purchased a fixer upper about a year ago. Good bones, but pretty much contractor-grade finishes everywhere. I've upgraded the floors throughout, but it's time to turn my attention to the master bath. We'll be replacing all of the shiny brass/gold light fixtures, faucets, and shower door for sure. Our shower, tub surround, and counters are all covered in contractor-grade 5"x5" white tile. It's like the homeless man's version of subway tile. It looks ok, but it would look a lot better with a little contrast. I don't really want to spend thousands of dollars to pay someone to re-tile the shower and tub, nor do I have the time to do it myself.

One compromise I have considered is replacing a couple rows of the white tile with a mosaic strip, and then using the same pattern to create a backsplash around the tub and sinks. Is it possible to remove 1-2 rows of tile without damaging the tile in the adjacent rows?

Here's a pic of the shower and the awesome gold door:

shower.jpg
                                Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Working...
                                X