General Upgrades & Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks great. Very impressed.
    "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

• very nice.

the big short over the bible, eh?
      I intend to live forever.
      So far, so good.
      --Steven Wright

Comment

• Bookshelf project

First step was to build a very large number of boxes.
        Used 3/4" maple plywood

Then build a base on the floor.

Do a test fit of a few rows to make sure everything is copacetic.

Paint them all white and stack them all.

Added trim.

Add books

So far, so good.
        --Steven Wright

Comment

• I don't know what I'd do with that many books, but it sure looks good.

Comment

• Nice work Brian.
            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Kitchen table project:

We found some nice wood from a salvage yard. Twas a barn door.

Ran them boards through the table saw to get the edges clean. Used a massive number of biscuits to glue them together.

Cleaned up the ends of the table with a track saw and then attached the ends.
              Then started sanding and sanding and sanding.

Filled the nail holes and voids with black epoxy. Then sanded some more.

Attached legs.

And moved it into the kitchen

So far, so good.
              --Steven Wright

Comment

• Nice.

Comment

• Very nice!

Do you not own a planer or jointer? Would probably help cut down on the sanding.
                  "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• That looks great. My OCD couldn't handle that one off-colored plank.
                    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                      Top is glued up, sanded, stained and installed. The whole thing came together nicely. Just need to build the bookcases now.]
                      Just finished a credenza to match the built ins. Used real walnut for the top. When I originally put the top on it I realized I had made the top rail of the face frame too thick since there was a big gap between the top of the drawers and the walnut top. I took it back out to the garage and cutoff about a half inch to make it look better. Next up is a walnut desk and then the study is done.

Comment

• You guys make some nice stuff.
                        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                          Do you not own a planer or jointer? Would probably help cut down on the sanding.
                          No.
                          And yes, would have been nice.
                          However, listened to a lot of podcasts while I sanded, so win a there.
                          So far, so good.
                          --Steven Wright

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                            That looks great. My OCD couldn't handle that one off-colored plank.
                            that's our favorite part of the table!
                            So far, so good.
                            --Steven Wright

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian View Post
                              that's our favorite part of the table!
                              I figured it would be.
                              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Wow! Great work, guys.
                                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Working...
                                X