No announcement yet.

General Upgrades & Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sure you can. You can just use a dremel tool to dig out the grout between them and then pop off the tiles. it would just be time consuming but you can do it. A guy in my ward who does tile does it all the time.

Edit: you could also use a grinder with a 3 1/2 inch diamond blade to cut the grout and time. Either way time consuming and wear a mask.
    Last edited by Sullyute; 07-24-2015, 10:42 AM.
    "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sullyute View Post
      Sure you can. You can just use a dremel tool to dig out the grout between them and then pop off the tiles. it would just be time consuming but you can do it. A guy in my ward who does tile does it all the time.

Edit: you could also use a grinder with a 3 1/2 inch diamond blade to cut the grout and time. Either way time consuming and wear a mask.

Cool. A dremel is what I was thinking I'd try. The grout line is pretty fine, so I'll have to be pretty cautious not to nip the adjacent tile.
      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• We are thinking of upgrading the baseboards in our house. My wife wants me to do it, but I don't particularly want to because (a) I start looking around and there's a lot of baseboards! (b) I'm nervous that I'll get all the measurements wrong, etc. I'm not a particularly handy guy, but I'm not at the other end of the spectrum either. Is this something I should try?
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
          We are thinking of upgrading the baseboards in our house. My wife wants me to do it, but I don't particularly want to because (a) I start looking around and there's a lot of baseboards! (b) I'm nervous that I'll get all the measurements wrong, etc. I'm not a particularly handy guy, but I'm not at the other end of the spectrum either. Is this something I should try?
          It is not a difficult job. Measure twice, cut once. Learn how to cope inside corners. Make sure your mitre saw is square so your outside corners fit. If any of that doesn't make sense hire someone.
          PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
            We are thinking of upgrading the baseboards in our house. My wife wants me to do it, but I don't particularly want to because (a) I start looking around and there's a lot of baseboards! (b) I'm nervous that I'll get all the measurements wrong, etc. I'm not a particularly handy guy, but I'm not at the other end of the spectrumDDD either. Is this something I should try?
            FIFY.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
              It is not a difficult job. Measure twice, cut once. Learn how to cope inside corners. Make sure your mitre saw is square so your outside corners fit. If any of that doesn't make sense hire someone.
              What does "measure" mean?

The other complication is that all my outside corners are bullnose. I don't particularly like the corner pieces that are on there now. They look something like this:

CIMG0939.jpg

I'd prefer something like this (the corner, not the actual baseboard):

IMG_0837.jpg
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Something like this would be even better, but I'm not sure how hard this would be or what goes into it.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• General Upgrades & Ideas

Dude, I can walk you through this. The first pic is done with 22.5° cuts. The second picture is using prefabricated corners. Those are expensive.
                  Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                    Dude, I can walk you through this. The first pic is done with 22.5° cuts. The second picture is using prefabricated corners. Those are expensive.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• General Upgrades & Ideas

Had some time to hang the new pendant lights above the island last night.

I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• Love the lamps and your island is badass
                        I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

• Spent the better part of this past month clearing out a section of my side yard and laying pavers. I'll do the other side of the walkway next, but wanted to first see if I could do it before putting more in. So far, I'm very happy with it.

The section I had to clear was next to a pine tree stump. I had to clear it with a pickaxe since every inch had roots. It took me at least 5 hours to just clear it and dig up the roots. I also found two sprinkler lines (easy to fix when so much area is cleared) and cut through all 6 sprinkler wires
                          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Fire ants are going to enjoy all that sand.
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                              Fire ants are going to enjoy all that sand.

I take precautions on those little buggers. So far we haven't had fire ants in over a year
                              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Can i ask why you cut the pavers on the one end instead of finishing with a full paver? Either way, looks great. What is your plan for the spot?

Edit: after looking closer at the picture it looks like the angle just kind of dictated it for those last few bricks. How do you keep those skinny pavers from moving? Did you use an epoxy?
                                Last edited by Sullyute; 03-06-2016, 09:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X