X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brian View Post
    how do these compare to biscuits?
    I've been a biscuit guy since I saw Norm Abrams using them on PBS
    Pocket holes are probably stronger, but more difficult to hide. I like pocket holes for cabinets where I can hide the pocket holes since I don’t like filling them after inserting the screw.

Biscuits are great since they are hidden.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• I’ve been thinking of getting one after a guy at work raves on them.
      No clamping, which I guess is nice as well
      I intend to live forever.
      So far, so good.
      --Steven Wright

Comment

• They are nice. They have different purposes. I think biscuits properly done can be very strong, but for a face frame the pocket jig is tough to beat. Fast and easy and strong. I would never consider a pocket screw joint for a location where it could be seen. Biscuits or other joinery are better for that.
        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• I volunteered to make some of the props for my daughter's play at school. I've been assigned to make five facades for various scenes including a storefront, a dresser, a fireplace, a bank teller, and one other. Been using the pocket jig to quickly construct these one-sided facades in fairly short order. Love it. Well worth the small expense (~$50).

20180129_211823~01.jpg
          You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
          Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
          You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• NICE!

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

• Geez Walter. A play at school? What happened to cardboard, duct tape, and sharpies?
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                Geez Walter. A play at school? What happened to cardboard, duct tape, and sharpies?
                That looks like a prop from a school play in a movie.
                "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• I'd like to see some stuff you did for your house...

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                  -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• light.jpg
                    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Everywhere he looked, MBN was reminded of her...

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                        [ATTACH]8613[/ATTACH]
                        Was the asymmetry intentional?
                        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                          Everywhere he looked, MBN was reminded of her...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                            Was the asymmetry intentional?
                            Is it ever?
                            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Working on a built in desk/bookshelves in the study. Had to borrow some extra clamps for the glue up of the 12 foot long maple top.

Comment

• Top is glued up, sanded, stained and installed. The whole thing came together nicely. Just need to build the bookcases now.

Comment

Working...
                                X