• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
    Is that an iCabinet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nope.
    I intend to live forever.
    So far, so good.
    --Steven Wright

Comment

• Sliding doors for the front entrance to the barn.
      Will go on sliding tracks.
      Pressure treated frame, joined with biscuits. Plywood backed, edges caulked and 5 coats of paint.
      Was going to use pressure treated fencing rails for the back (like I did on the stall doors), but it would have been too heavy. Bummer, because I don't like this nearly as much...

bigBarnDoors.jpg
      So far, so good.
      --Steven Wright

Comment

• Using National Hardware box rail galvanized for the door. Need double rails because both doors need to slide towards the window, and there isn't enough room for both. The double rail hangers seem waaaaaaaay too expensive.. ouch. And you need them every 2 feet...
        I strapped the doors to the barn because I was gone for a few days and didnt' want to chance strong winds tipping them over..

BarnTracks.jpg

Got one door up before it got totally dark.
        It was a bitch, but I got the door hung all by myself. I wont be able to walk tomorrow, but I did it my way. The other door should be up by sundown tomorrow.

BarnDoor.jpg
        So far, so good.
        --Steven Wright

Comment

• great work
          I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

• Originally posted by FN Phat View Post
            great work
            I don't know a thing about building barn doors. I just wanted to say hi to FN Phat.
            "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

• Brian, that barn is awesome. I will always be jealous of people like you who can build like professionals. Been waiting to see the final pics. Have you put the second door on yet?

Comment

• This past weekend I got the large door up on the storage section of the barn. Hay, outdoor tools, ZTR mower will all live here.
                My old push mower lives there as well (and can be seen in the second photo). I use it to mow on the other side of the fences to keep the brush back, etc.

When I put on the exterior, I added a 2x6 above the door for the mounting of the rail.

rails.jpg

The door is really heavy. Used my trusty green dolly to move it from the garage. Managed to pull a muscle in my back.

door_0.jpg

door_1.jpg

Next step is getting the electric and water into the barn.
                The builder let me use his backhoe to dig a trench for conduit and water from the house to the barn.
                I can do the water, but I'm not touching the electric. Having a dude come over soon to make that connection live.
                So far, so good.
                --Steven Wright

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian View Post
                  This past weekend I got the large door up on the storage section of the barn. Hay, outdoor tools, ZTR mower will all live here.
                  My old push mower lives there as well (and can be seen in the second photo). I use it to mow on the other side of the fences to keep the brush back, etc.

When I put on the exterior, I added a 2x6 above the door for the mounting of the rail.

[ATTACH]7588[/ATTACH]

The door is really heavy. Used my trusty green dolly to move it from the garage. Managed to pull a muscle in my back.

[ATTACH]7586[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]7587[/ATTACH]

The builder let me use his backhoe to dig a trench for conduit and water from the house to the barn.
                  I can do the water, but I'm not touching the electric. Having a dude come over soon to make that connection live.
                  That barn looks bigger than most of the homes from my mission. And with electricity and running water, it will have more conveniences than some of them, too.
                  "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                  - Goatnapper'96

Comment

I am the other way around... I will do electrical any day but won't touch plumbing. In fact, I just wired up a 200 amp transfer switch for a generator last month.
                    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                      I am the other way around... I will do electrical any day but won't touch plumbing. In fact, I just wired up a 200 amp transfer switch for a generator last month.
                      I dont do any supply side plumbing that is behind a wall or under the ground. I want to have somebody else with an insurance policy involved for under pressure stuff. Basic electrical is ok, but for something like Brian is talking about, time to call the pros.
                      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• I do it all because I'm cheap.
                        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                        -Turtle
                        sigpic

Comment

• Now that the evenings are cold and dark, I'm going to switch to some indoor projects and start with putting in some extra pantry storage in the space under the stairs.

Anyone have anything that has worked well in the past?

I'm planning on doing some rotating dealios for canned goods, and some shelving for other items. Beyond that, trying to find some clever ways to use space.
                          Anyone tried this before? Ideas, good or bad?
                          So far, so good.
                          --Steven Wright

Comment

Now that the evenings are cold and dark, I'm going to switch to some indoor projects and start with putting in some extra pantry storage in the space under the stairs.

I'm planning on doing some rotating dealios for canned goods, and some shelving for other items. Beyond that, trying to find some clever ways to use space.
                            we prefer the throw a bunch of shit into a cupboard and never organize or use it method
                            Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Now that the evenings are cold and dark, I'm going to switch to some indoor projects and start with putting in some extra pantry storage in the space under the stairs.

Pinterest in your friend (one of many):

8af8240c340d356f6fdcf1823a2862ac.jpg
                              You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                              Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                              You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• We got some inheritence money with the sale of my FIL home and have completely gutted the kitchen and dining area as well as changing a one car car port to a 2 car garage. Since we have the money we are having it done.

I was going to have a cook top with a wall oven, but when pricing I found that a cooktop was about $500 more than a range, plus the cost of the wall oven

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

Working...
                                X