• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• too little, too late, Brian.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCalCoug View Post
      All right, I'm teaching Elder's Quorum tomorrow on president Uchtdorf's big tent talk - Come Join with Us. Any good ideas?
      This article that was a response to the Meridian Magazine article about crappy Mormons.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/welcome...their-friends/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• After a disappointing basketball loss should be a good time to start looking at my primary lesson for tomorrow right? Lesson 44: The Salt Lake Temple Is Constructed and Dedicated. Cool probably has plenty of good stories to tell. Purpose: to help the children have the desire to live the law of chastity and be worthy to be married in the temple. Great. Way to shoehorn in that topic correlation department. I'm sure the 11 year olds will be nice and revert for that.

Comment

• I teach again on the 29th, but we've run out of lessons. The Sunday School President has left it up to my discretion as to what I will teach. This could be fun...

Comment

• I'm teaching EQ on Sunday with the "True Shepards" talk as my guidline. It's basically a talk on home teaching.

I'm going to try to focus on some of the history of the program and how we execute it now etc...and throw in a holiday message if I can since, you know, Sunday before Christmas.

Anyone have any good home teaching stories (good or bad experiences) I can tack on to my lesson?
            "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrumNFeather View Post
              I'm teaching EQ on Sunday with the "True Shepards" talk as my guidline. It's basically a talk on home teaching.

I'm going to try to focus on some of the history of the program and how we execute it now etc...and throw in a holiday message if I can since, you know, Sunday before Christmas.

Anyone have any good home teaching stories (good or bad experiences) I can tack on to my lesson?
              Our alternate teacher doesn't want to teach tomorrow and I just found out yesterday so I'm filling in... again. I'm not using the stake recommended lesson ("Broken Vessel") and going with the final Lorenzo Snow lesson of "Reflections on the Mission of Christ." I guess I need to peel away from the game and work on the lesson.
              I have nothing else to say at this time.

Comment

• I gave a history lesson on home teaching and the various opinions on its Puritan influence, and then focused the rest of the lesson on the mission of the Savior. One cool thing I have is a description of the Christ by a Roman soldier. Then I gave them all an early Christmas present by letting them out early.
                "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrumNFeather View Post
                  I gave a history lesson on home teaching and the various opinions on its Puritan influence, and then focused the rest of the lesson on the mission of the Savior. One cool thing I have is a description of the Christ by a Roman soldier. Then I gave them all an early Christmas present by letting them out early.
                  Tell us more about this.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Speaking in Church next Sunday. The topic: Our Heavenly Father. Any suggestions on which way to go with this topic?

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                    -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
                      Speaking in Church next Sunday. The topic: Our Heavenly Father. Any suggestions on which way to go with this topic?
                      I think starting with "It is only logical that in some dimensions our Father has at least one wife…" should get the ball rolling.
                      Get confident, stupid
                      -landpoke

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                        I think starting with "It is only logical that in some dimensions our Father has at least one wife…" should get the ball rolling.
                        WHoa. Isn't HF cross-dimensional? He's the point in which they all intersect, isn't he?
                        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• I am teaching a lesson today about dealing with adversity.

What is the genesis of the "we shall not be faced with any trail that we don't have the strength to overcome"?

I have been looking, but can find the reference. I feel dumb already.

Help me out.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
                            I am teaching a lesson today about dealing with adversity.

What is the genesis of the "we shall not be faced with any trail that we don't have the strength to overcome"?

Help me out.
                            13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it. (1 Corinthians 10:13)

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
                              I am teaching a lesson today about dealing with adversity.

Help me out.
                              Alma 13:28 says so. Not sure about anything else though.

http://www.lds.org/scriptures/bofm/alma/13.28?lang=eng#
                              Get confident, stupid
                              -landpoke

Comment

• trials =/= temptations
                                Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Working...
                                X