No announcement yet.

I taught in church today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay, the fourth Sunday Sabbath-Fest was supposed to be updated with the new general conference. Fourth Sunday is 2 weeks away. Has anyone heard what the topic is supposed to be? Or do we really have to wait until the Conference edition of the Ensign comes out to get a new topic?

Comment

• Originally posted by LVAllen View Post
      Okay, the fourth Sunday Sabbath-Fest was supposed to be updated with the new general conference. Fourth Sunday is 2 weeks away. Has anyone heard what the topic is supposed to be? Or do we really have to wait until the Conference edition of the Ensign comes out to get a new topic?
      I came out last weekend. Update in on Gospel Library. Not surprisingly, Ministering is the topic.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
        I came out last weekend. Update in on Gospel Library. Not surprisingly, Ministering is the topic.
        Oh. Goodie. Because home teaching is a topic that we've never done before.

Comment

• Originally posted by LVAllen View Post
          Oh. Goodie. Because home teaching is a topic that we've never done before.
          But it's not home teaching, it's ministering.
          “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
            I came out last weekend. Update in on Gospel Library.
            It's great you did and were able to go so public with it. Hope the missus is supportive and coping well.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
              It's great you did and were able to go so public with it. Hope the missus is supportive and coping well.
              You always have such a great attitude about things. My initial reaction Piney's news was more like "Why do they always have to be so in-your-face about it?!"
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                She has suspected for a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                  You always have such a great attitude about things. My initial reaction Piney's news was more like "Why do they always have to be so in-your-face about it?!"
                  I checked Gospel Library but did not see any update about BP's new lifestyle.
                  "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                  "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                  This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                  "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                  "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

• I knew it!
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Lost Student View Post
                      I checked Gospel Library but did not see any update about BP's new lifestyle.
                      Its in the "Hims" section.
                      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Had a talk to give yesterday, loosely based on President Oaks talk, Small and Simple things. By loosely based, I quoted from it twice. There is almost nothing as gratifying in church as sitting down after a talk, knowing that you are currently at the maximum distance possible from your next talk.

Comment

• Had a primary meeting on Sunday to discuss the new policy regarding two-deep teaching for male and female teachers. Our ward has to cover nine female spots to be in compliance. Pretty funny to sit there and listen to the sisters complain about how hard it is going to be to find substitutes.

I actually support the change. Hopefully it pushes leaders to update a much more ridiculous policy: a male and female can team teach a primary class only if they’re married or siblings. I can imagine the number of affairs were sparked by a sensuous retelling of the 2000 Stripling Warriors to a group of 7 year olds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
                            Had a primary meeting on Sunday to discuss the new policy regarding two-deep teaching for male and female teachers. Our ward has to cover nine female spots to be in compliance. Pretty funny to sit there and listen to the sisters complain about how hard it is going to be to find substitutes.

I actually support the change. Hopefully it pushes leaders to update a much more ridiculous policy: a male and female can team teach a primary class only if they’re married or siblings. I can imagine the number of affairs were sparked by a sensuous retelling of the 2000 Stripling Warriors to a group of 7 year olds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            How is this different than the current policy?
                            "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                            "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                            This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                            "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                            "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

• Originally posted by Lost Student View Post
                              How is this different than the current policy?
                              Prior policy --> one female OK, one male not OK. I.e. two-deep requirement now applies to men and women equally.
                              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                                Prior policy --> one female OK, one male not OK. I.e. two-deep requirement now applies to men and women equally.
                                What was the policy on men who identified as women and wore the appropriate underwear to manifest their status? Were they individual women teachers, or double men teachers?

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                                -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Working...
                                X