I taught in church today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LVAllen View Post
    What are you talking about? That is great to double up like that. Less meeting time.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      What are you talking about? That is great to double up like that. Less meeting time.
      No. We must complain about everything the church does.

Comment

• Prep for my Valiant B class today:

if you cannot read it, it says "And now I Mormon make a record of the things which I have both seen and heard and call it the..."

the kids will finish up "Book of Mormon" as we ponder the many talents of Mormon.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Katy Lied; 11-06-2016, 08:23 AM.

Comment

• Very cool, Katy
          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• The Gospel Principles lesson today was on the gathering of Israel. I spent all but the last ten minutes retelling the Old Testament story line from Abraham to the scattering of Israel by the Assyrians and Babylonians.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• I've been covering my wife's class so long that today they made me go to teacher training.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• We've had 2 teacher training counsels so far and they are boring, but fine.

They actually called a bunch of people to be subs for that sunday only for primary. Like actual callings.

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                  We've had 2 teacher training counsels so far and they are boring, but fine.

They actually called a bunch of people to be subs for that sunday only for primary. Like actual callings.
                  But then the substitutes are considered teachers and have to go to the training council, so they have to call other substitutes, who are then teachers and have to go to training so more substitutes are called. Pretty soon you will have the whole ward at the training council except the kids who will then be their own teachers and then they will have to go to the council creating just another 2 hours of sacrament meeting. I am glad I am calling exempt in my ward.
                  “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                    We've had 2 teacher training counsels so far and they are boring, but fine.

Those teacher trainings are b-r-u-t-a-l. The first time was okay, because they called me out of my actual class to go. The next time, they discovered that they could just make me go third hour, while the third hour teachers would go second hour. So now I don't even get a once-a-month vacation. That's when I decided I didn't need to go.
                    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I don't get it. For years we have griped that the teachers are poorly trained and too prone to go by the manual. Now that the church is revamping the entire system to introduce a more open teaching structure and to train teachers to improve the quality of the teaching, we complain about the hassle of the training program. Oy vey.
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                        I don't get it. For years we have griped that the teachers are poorly trained and too prone to go by the manual. Now that the church is revamping the entire system to introduce a more open teaching structure and to train teachers to improve the quality of the teaching, we complain about the hassle of the training program. Oy vey.
                        I am a fan of the new lesson materials. Those make it a lot easier to find something interesting and mold it to your particular class. But the teacher training isn't very helpful, in my opinion. Just another meeting lead by someone who isn't any more prepared than I am to train teachers.

I'm not sure you've been to teacher training, so in case you haven't, I'll liken it to another meeting I'm sure you're familiar with: Bishopric Training.
                        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Sunday School...

A place where people go to teach and learn things that are not based on evidence, and where lessons attempt to undermine critical thought at every turn.

An attempt to improve on this is sort of like polishing a turd.

Comment

• Originally posted by ByronMarchant View Post
                            Sunday School...

A place where people go to teach and learn things that are not based on evidence, and where lessons attempt to undermine critical thought at every turn.

http://www.howtocleanstuff.net/how-to-polish-a-turd/

Whoever coined the phrase “You can’t polish a turd” was dead wrong. You can polish a turd, and the end result can be quite nice. You might even start a collection.
                            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by ByronMarchant View Post
                              Sunday School...

Lol. Good post.
                              I'm like LeBron James.
                              -mpfunk

Comment

• BM reminds me of my college roommate, an excitable Italian woman who was an atheist and convinced that the Roman Catholic Church was the root of all evil. Imagine living in Utah, and not fitting in among Utah Mormons, who have had all the power in her neck of the woods for 2000 years. She talked about when she had kids, they were going to have nothing to do with the catholic church, and wouldn't have to go through all of the rituals and rites she was forced to undergo. I told her that a lot of that stuff was culture, and history, and her kids were never going to experience some very rich cultural events, and they were always going to have a hole in their education where they would have no idea what everyone else was taking for granted. See, she wanted them to make the same rejection of the dominant faith that she did, but they can't really do that without experiencing the dominant faith the way she did.

Comment

Working...
                                X