Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: I taught in church today

Quote Originally Posted by Sullyute View Post
    I am going to ride on the coattails of DNF here. I also have to teach in a few weeks and was asked to teach on ordinances and to consecrate some oil for the group. Any way to make this interesting?
    Wear something like this to church that day:

"What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

.........................__0.............0
    ...................._.-\ <,_.........</\_
    .....~_.o^,....(...)./.(...)......._/\...

Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    You should probably start with Parrell's "Happy". Have it queued up and go out into the hall. Have the EQP press play and make your entrance. That would really set the tone for a great lesson, IMO.
    The Kooks would be better.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

I am going to ride on the coattails of DNF here. I also have to teach in a few weeks and was asked to teach on ordinances and to consecrate some oil for the group. Any way to make this interesting?
    When you pronounce the blessing, bless the container, not the oil, and then see if anyone corrects you.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

Quote Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    When you pronounce the blessing, bless the container, not the oil, and then see if anyone corrects you.
    Or use anything less than 100% olive oil.

Disco ball, colored lights, play "The Final Countdown" leading up to consecrating the oil?
    If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

"Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

"Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

a day late/a dollar short Sullyute's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalCoug View Post
    Disco ball, colored lights, play "The Final Countdown" leading up to consecrating the oil?
    We do meet on the stage, so I could have the lights down low with a spot light or two on me.
    The Mormon Creed: Mind Your Own Business

Time to camp HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    Great, then think of all the sick people that won't be cured.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

I taught priesthood last week. The topic was the sacrament, and as part of my lesson, I printed out a bunch of different symbols that have meaning for us today. Of course, it was when I was holding up a swastika in front of the class that one of the women in the ward came in to get some books she'd left on a chair. Timing is everything.

I was going to share the picture of my wife's cousin (Derik Stevenson) flipping off the camera in the Ute locker room that he'd just posted the day before (it's a symbol) but I chickened out. Plus, it would have been hard for the class to see on my phone.
    If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

"Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

"Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalCoug View Post
    I taught priesthood last week. The topic was the sacrament, and as part of my lesson, I printed out a bunch of different symbols that have meaning for us today. Of course, it was when I was holding up a swastika in front of the class that one of the women in the ward came in to get some books she'd left on a chair. Timing is everything.

I was going to share the picture of my wife's cousin (Derik Stevenson) flipping off the camera in the Ute locker room that he'd just posted the day before (it's a symbol) but I chickened out. Plus, it would have been hard for the class to see on my phone.
    That's exactly what the guy in my Elder's Quorum taught. Weird. Wonder if you are in my ward?