I taught in church today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
    Overton and Logandale. It's actually very pretty out there. Feels like a lot of small Utah communities. :Mad:
    There is a street in Overton named after my great grandfather.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      put that in the official brag about your great grandparents thread.
      I'm like LeBron James.
      -mpfunk

Comment

I didn't know you were related to Josiah Main.
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
          put that in the official brag about your great grandparents thread.
          Comment and rate. But don't hate.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• WTF is a CTR bear?
            As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
            --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• The CTR bear comes with his own journal. He goes home every week with a different kid. During the week, he reminds his host child to choose the right. At the end of the week, the child opens the book to a blank page, and draws a picture of how he or she chose the right during the week.

I watched that bear changed from snowy white, to off white, to beige, to dirty brown throughout the year.

BTW, that same kid came to primary last week in his onesie. I admire his parents. I can imagine them saying, "I said we were leaving for church in 2 minutes Callen, go get in the car!"
              Last edited by Katy Lied; 12-11-2017, 12:49 PM.

Comment

My great grandfather was called to settle the big muddy! That little girl is probably my ancestor.
                So did mine (with a few more greats in front). http://hvsup.org/william-henrie/ Except, mine told Brigham Young to go to hell, and his wife left with all the kids and went and tried it without him. When it failed, they went to Panguitch and he stayed in Bountiful. We he died, he left all he had to the Church, not his heirs.
                "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                  The CTR bear comes with his own journal. He goes home every week with a different kid. During the week, he reminds his host child to choose the right. At the end of the week, the child opens the book to a blank page, and draws a picture of how he or she chose the right during the week.

I watched that bear changed from snowy white, to off white, to beige, to dirty brown throughout the year.

BTW, that same kid came to primary last week in his onesie. I admire his parents. I can imagine them saying, "I said we were leaving for church in 2 minutes Callen, go get in the car!"
                  As you started describing the bear's lifecycle, I thought I would not want that bundle of germs in my home.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                  "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                  - Goatnapper'96

Comment

The CTR bear comes with his own journal. He goes home every week with a different kid. During the week, he reminds his host child to choose the right. At the end of the week, the child opens the book to a blank page, and draws a picture of how he or she chose the right during the week.

Now I wish I didn't know WTF is a CTR bear.
                    As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                    --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• When my daughter was in kindergarten they did the same thing with a stuffed animal, journal and all.

Comment

My grandkids go to baptist preschool. They do the exact same thing with a hedgehog.

Comment

• This is embarrassing, but not only do I have no ancestral connection to Moapa Valley, but before today, I didn't even know such a place existed.
                          Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                            This is embarrassing, but not only do I have no ancestral connection to Moapa Valley, but before today, I didn't even know such a place existed.
                            It's ok. You can still hang out with FMCoug during pioneer day festivities.

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                              This is embarrassing, but not only do I have no ancestral connection to Moapa Valley, but before today, I didn't even know such a place existed.
                              neither did I

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

My great grandfather was called to settle the big muddy! That little girl is probably my ancestor.
                                My great, great was called to settle Vegas and helped build the fort. I bet your guy lasted longer than mine. As punishment for his intolerance of cold weather, he was then sent...err...called northwards!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

Working...
                                X