I taught in church today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
    Does he know about the blessings involved?
    they are ordinances.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
      My husband doesnt want to teach the class.
      Super mean husband.
      I'm like LeBron James.
      -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
        they are ordinances.
        Hmmm. If those are the only blessings from teaching, then I don't blame him for passing.
        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by thesaint258 View Post
          That's a great idea. I'll have to remember this next time I have difficulty finding a sub.
          I don't know, that's more work than just teaching the class. I think I would try harder to find a sub or just pitch it back to the SS presidency to figure out; what else do they have to do, anyway?
          PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
            I don't know, that's more work than just teaching the class. I think I would try harder to find a sub or just pitch it back to the SS presidency to figure out; what else do they have to do, anyway?
            I would contact two people and then do this.
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
              That would work if our SS presidency did anything. Half the time, none of them can be bothered to even ring the bell. I need to figure out how to get that calling.
              Not that, sickos.

Comment

My husband doesnt want to teach the class.
                Tell him it's a priesthood assignment, then he can't turn it down since he covenanted to do it when he was ordained.
                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Actually, he never said that he didn't want to teach. It's just that I never ask him to sub for me. One shouldn't be penalized for being married to a GD teacher by being saddled with substitute teacher duties.

Comment

Actually, he never said that he didn't want to teach. It's just that I never ask him to sub for me. One shouldn't be penalized for being married to a GD teacher by being saddled with substitute teacher duties.
                    Right, but being married to you shouldn't free him of the opportunity either. You asked other people, why not him? He can tell you no just as easy as anybody else if he doesn't want to do it.
                    I'm like LeBron James.
                    -mpfunk

Comment

Actually, he never said that he didn't want to teach. It's just that I never ask him to sub for me. One shouldn't be penalized for being married to a GD teacher by being saddled with substitute teacher duties.
                      You're very industrious. On one hand you could have found a substitute. Otoh you can ask 4-5 people to prepare remarks, organize videos, pre-record yourself doing an intro, and then saddle your spouse with button pushing duty and overall responsibility. I personally choose door number one.
                      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                        Right, but being married to you shouldn't free him of the opportunity either. You asked other people, why not him? He can tell you no just as easy as anybody else if he doesn't want to do it.
                        Ha. Like someone can say "No" to a spouse just as easily as anyone else. At the same time, someone could volunteer to sub without the spouse having to ask.
                        “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
                        "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

• Originally posted by Paperback Writer View Post
                          Ha. Like someone can say "No" to a spouse just as easily as anyone else. At the same time, someone could volunteer to sub without the spouse having to ask.
                          hmmmm....you may be right. That wouldn't be me, however. If I can or want to help, spouse or not, I'll say yes. If I can't or don't want to help, spouse or not, I'll say no.
                          I'm like LeBron James.
                          -mpfunk

Comment

Back in my GD Gospel Doctrine teaching time, I wouldn't have asked my wife to teach for me, even if she were available. That would have meant much more of my time and aggravation during the preparation process than if I'd just done it myself.
                            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Knowing I'm a huge fan of my mission country's soccer team, and without my even saying anything about it, my wife once offered to teach my primary class for me so I could stay home and watch them play in the world cup final game. She's a wonderful person.

Comment

Maybe KL's husband doesn't like sex that much and no rolls off his tongue.
                                Get confident, stupid
                                -landpoke

Comment

Working...
                                X