No announcement yet.

I taught in church today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trivia about church bureaucracy? Yikes, I would head to the gospel essentials class for sure. sjbh.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      Trivia about church bureaucracy? Yikes, I would head to the gospel essentials class for sure. sjbh.
      I said the same thing, but with greater kindness.
      Get confident, stupid
      -landpoke

Comment

• Men vs women in a contest about church leadership?? Doesn't seem like a very fair fight, the women are mostly ill equipped to answer these.

even katylieds contest questions don't even bother to throw in at least a token question about female leaders. Maybe mix in something like "what is Sherri dew's favorite scarf color?" or "let's be honest, what in the world does the general primary presidency actually do?" Stuff like that.
        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Yup the only Church Leadership trivia that would hold my attention would be one that includes detailed questions about George P. Lee, Richard Lyman, Paul Dunn, etc.

Comment

• I spoke in church today about love and kindness. I opened with a reference to today's Hindu festival Raksha Bandhan. It actually fit quite nicely with my theme.

Comment

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
              Yup the only Church Leadership trivia that would hold my attention would be one that includes detailed questions about George P. Lee, Richard Lyman, Paul Dunn, etc.
              Or possibly Porter Rockwell, Eliza R. Snow, and a unicycle.
              τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• Originally posted by All-American View Post
                Or possibly Porter Rockwell, Eliza R. Snow, and a unicycle.
                but enough about brigham young's sexual fantasies
                Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Results of Trivia Challenge:

Women killed it. And in doing so, displayed the disparity between female and male roles in the church, for the women knew all the priesthood and organizational answers as well as identified the photos of female leaders, while the men only knew the priesthood questions, but could identify no female leaders.

(There were 50 total questions, a lot of photo identification, etc.)

PAC would have made a good showing and even identified Mormon Helping Hands without the photo, although I don't know how he would have done with the photo ids. He did miss this trick question:

Now that Boyd K Packer has passed away, which apostle has the most seniority?
                  The answer is, of course, the apostle that had the most seniority prior to Boyd K Packer's death.
                  Last edited by Katy Lied; 08-31-2015, 10:01 AM.

Comment

• haha you didn't ask any female leader questions, knock it off.

sigpic

Comment

• See, in DDD's class he wouldn't have even bothered.

Comment

• DDD in sunday school. That's a funny thought.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

DDD in sunday school. That's a funny thought.
                          wow, don't hurt yourself climbing down off the Rameumptom!

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                            wow, don't hurt yourself climbing down off the Rameumptom!
                            We were all thinking it. I hope there are stairs.
                            A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

• Originally posted by CJF View Post
                              We were all thinking it. I hope there are stairs.
                              Escalator. First class all the way, baby.

Comment

Escalator. First class all the way, baby.
                                A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

Working...
                                X