Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: About the new board name (cougarstadium.com)

Default About the new board name (cougarstadium.com)

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    It would have been nice to do a little checking around with people to see what they think before taking an action that is bound to be unpopular with a lot of folks who contribute here, or try to. In the words of Dan Patrick, "They could have done it better."
    I think they were specifically targeting you.

I'm not sure I care much for the change and suspect something else is going on in the Holy of Holies. But whatever.
    Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Quote Originally Posted by nikuman View Post

I'm not sure I care much for the change and suspect something else is going on in the Holy of Holies. But whatever.
    Yes, the " if A then B" doesn't make sense.
    I intend to live forever.
    So far, so good.
    --Steven Wright

aka... UtahDan's Wifey

Yeah. Not happy here either.

Was LavellEdwardsStadium.com not available?

I kid... I mostly want to know the actual reason for the change.

Quote Originally Posted by scottie View Post
    Was LavellEdwardsStadium.com not available?

I kid... I mostly want to know the actual reason for the change.
    If there is some reason other than what has been stated, I am not aware of it.

I lvoe the new board name. Anything that pisses off Portland Ute and LAUte is a positive change.

I love all the whining about a board name like somehow this will drastically change lives.

Not surprised about the bitching it seems the majority on here are not happy unless they have something to complain about. This just adds fuel to the fire, maybe it will take the heat off JS for awhile. Lebowski is doing a good thing for the church.
    *Banned*

Quote Originally Posted by nikuman View Post

I'm guessing that the real reason for the change is that Ford is resurrecting the old Mercury Cougar name, but for an all-new Ford Ranchero. They want to market the new vehicle down under by using an Australia-centric message board for their new ute, and paid big dollars for the domain name.
    "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
    "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
    This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
    "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
    "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Quote Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
    I lvoe the new board name. Anything that pisses off Portland Ute and LAUte is a positive change.

I love all the whining about a board name like somehow this will drastically change lives.

Not surprised about the bitching it seems the majority on here are not happy unless they have something to complain about. This just adds fuel to the fire, maybe it will take the heat off JS for awhile. Lebowski is doing a good thing for the church.
    Here is the reason guys. If it gets cj back count me in.

Suomalainen New Mexican Disaster's Avatar

I am really surprised about this. I guess I don't see the need for a name change. I like the Ute fans on here.

Is there a domain name that keeps all the Utes around except for LA Ute? If so, then I'm on board.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    Is there a domain name that keeps all the Utes around except for LA UteSeattleUte? If so, then I'm on board.
    FIFY
    Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Quote Originally Posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    Hard to talk sports when we have someone as smart as you already giving all the answers. Sometimes we like go just sit back and watch genius flow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    In understand. Sorry for that. But sometimes a genius like me wants to sit back and read about sports. So I don't like when we lose sports geniuses like Hot Lunch and cougjunkie
    You guys are throwing around this title rather non-nonchalantly. Let's all take a step back and let Jeff Lebowski decide who the geniuses are.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Time to camp HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The_Douger View Post
    FIFY
    If you don't love SU, you don't understand him.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Quote Originally Posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    If you don't love SU, you don't understand him.
    I do love him. It's for his own good.
    Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    You guys are throwing around this title rather non-nonchalantly. Let's all take a step back and let Jeff Lebowski decide who the geniuses are.
    Well...nobody doubted that.

I'm upset that I wasn't consulted, I bought the name rights to thenakedindian.com years ago. Instead, when the site changes names Duderino just goes with the other DDD suggestion.

I would have given the rights over.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

But will it bring back Triplet Daddy?
    "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Time to fix the thingy in the browser that still has 1/2 Y and 1/2 U.

I'm nothing more than a lurker, but I don't really like the change. Hell, I don't really like the change in the rivalry either.

Trump-hating snowflake Jeff Lebowski's Avatar

I will try to weigh in more later. I have blown most of my morning already with the technical issues associated with the change and I have some urgent issues at work.

Let me just say that I understand that change can be disruptive and I understand why some are disappointed. But let's keep in mind that the only thing that has changed at this point is a URL and a banner image.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by PharmCoug View Post
    Hell, I don't really like the change in the rivalry either.
    Language!
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

aka... UtahDan's Wifey

Thumbs down

Naww... I've been saying change it to FUC for years... seems liked I've been effed, but not in the way I originally thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    What I like about this board has nothing to do about byu, utah, or sports. It's all the other stuff.

Are more changes coming? I don't get this at all....
    I don't care what it's called, but if the purpose of the forum changes, then that's something else.
    Ed Hochuli agrees

If that was all it took to get cj to post, I take it all back. I like the change!

I'm just surprised and disappointed. If that makes you happy, great. Welcome back to activity, brother!
    “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
    ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
    -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Anti-Mormon Gadfly

Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    So you are just giving a big cyber middle finger to the ute fans on here?

Seems like a petulant move by the committee. I realize you own the forum and can do what you want. I am also thankful for what you have done. This re-branding is however very out of character and completely unnecessary.
    I agree completely.
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.
    --Charles W. Bamforth, Ph.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    I will try to weigh in more later. I have blown most of my morning already with the technical issues associated with the change and I have some urgent issues at work.

Let me just say that I understand that change can be disruptive and I understand why some are disappointed. But let's keep in mind that the only thing that has changed at this point is a URL and a banner image.
    At this point, true. But it sounds like there is more coming.
    I intend to live forever.
    So far, so good.
    --Steven Wright

Default About the new board name (cougarstadium.com)

Lol. Good to have you back. Even if it is only a drive-by.
    Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Trump-hating snowflake Jeff Lebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    At this point, true. But it sounds like there is more coming.
    Nope.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by Portland Ute View Post
    What a bunch of bullshit.

Cougarboard 2.0.
    The sun is brighter, the grass is greener.
    Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Anti-Mormon Gadfly

I don't think that anyone is going to drop off the site on the basis of this change. However, it is going to be harder to recruit new Ute fans to the site because they are going to see it as just another BYU fan site. If JL wants to over time transition this to a BYU site that is fine, it is his site and he has every right. However, I'm definitely disappointed in this move. It won't change the site now, but it will over time.
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.
    --Charles W. Bamforth, Ph.D.