Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

About the new board name (cougarstadium.com)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DU Ute View Post
    IMO, the thing that makes this board great is a wide range of strong voices on some pretty divisive topics. I really think it is amazing that we have a place where people from both sides of the issues can get together on topics as controversial and divisive as politics, religion and the rivalry. Sure, it probably skews more liberal politically and more towards BYU in the rivalry, and there is always the concern from many that the Foyer can get too hostile towards the Church, but there are always strong voices on both sides of the issues. I think it is almost miraculous that CUF was able to feel like a safe place for so many people with such differing views for so long.

This name change feels like the powers that be announcing that they no longer want this type of balance as it pertains to the rivalry to exist here. It's sad. I really enjoyed ruffling some feathers and taking what the Cougars here had to dish out. 95% of it felt like good natured fun, especially since junkie left. It's nice to have someplace where you can come to get a dose of reality about your favorite sports team.

The fact that this change has brought junkie out of the woodwork just makes the message that Ute sports voices aren't welcome that much clearer. Maybe that isn't what you were going for, but that's how it is being received by most of us. This place will never be the echo chamber that utefans and cougarboard have become, JL is too cool to ever let it get to that, but I think this change will take aawy part of what made CUF unique.
    Someone feels threatened.
    *Banned*

Comment

• Originally posted by Scorcho View Post
      some of us stumbled onto Cougar Ute Board only recently and have never heard of CougarGuard, or spend time at CougarBoard, etc. I had no idea of the history of this site and that it evolved from a Y Fan site previously. I just thought it WAS a refreshing entertaining mix of Cougar and Ute Fans that could behave like adults and engage in conversation.

Blaming this on the rivalry skipping two years is as much hilarious as it is bogus. Sorry you're so butthurt CUF Committee!

My recommendations are that this site should immediately alter anyone that types the word “Utes” to “Yewts.”

Commence discussions on KWhitt, Sitaki and ARod's spirituality and worthiness. I had no idea I was conversing with such pussies!
      Conversing with pussies? You are acting like one complaining about a dumb name change. Including asking JL to delete your account.
      *Banned*

Comment

some of us stumbled onto Cougar Ute Board only recently and have never heard of CougarGuard, or spend time at CougarBoard, etc. I had no idea of the history of this site and that it evolved from a Y Fan site previously. I just thought it WAS a refreshing entertaining mix of Cougar and Ute Fans that could behave like adults and engage in conversation.

Blaming this on the rivalry skipping two years is as much hilarious as it is bogus. Sorry you're so butthurt CUF Committee!

My recommendations are that this site should immediately alter anyone that types the word “Utes” to “Yewts.”

Commence discussions on KWhitt, Sitaki and ARod's spirituality and worthiness. I had no idea I was conversing with such pussies!
        no offense, Scorcho, but I don't think you know much about us at all.
        Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
        God forgives many things for an act of mercy
        Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

...Commence discussions on KWhitt, Sitaki and ARod's spirituality and worthiness. I had no idea I was conversing with such pussies!
          Which further confirms my initial impressions of the level of your intelligence.
          Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

• Anyone thinking of starting a new board, you have my blessing. But you need to be aware that when you estimate how much time, effort, and stress it will take to manage it, take that number and multiply by 10. Seriously.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
              Someone feels threatened.
              Says the dude that took his ball and went home for a year.
              "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
              "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
              "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                Anyone thinking of starting a new board, you have my blessing. But you need to be aware that when you estimate how much time, effort, and stress it will take to manage it, take that number and multiply by 10. Seriously.
                Sounds like someone has an idea for a novel.
                Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

Anyone thinking of starting a new board, you have my blessing. But you need to be aware that when you estimate how much time, effort, and stress it will take to manage it, take that number and multiply by 10. Seriously.
                  But we'll have less BYU fans. I'd guess that's where 95% of your problems come from.
                  "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
                  "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
                  "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

Comment

didn't know we needed your blessing? Thank you ever so much!

Comment

didn't know we needed your blessing? Thank you ever so much!

Of course not. I am giving it anyway.
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Of course not. I am giving it anyway.
                        honest question, why won't you delete my account?

Comment

honest question, why won't you delete my account?
                          We don't delete accounts unless it is a new spammer or something. Leaves too many holes in the archived threads. I would be happy to scramble your password and delete your e-mail address for you if you like. Let me know.

Comment

We don't delete accounts unless it is a new spammer or something. Leaves too many holes in the archived threads. I would be happy to scramble your password and delete your e-mail address for you if you like. Let me know.
                            sure, that works.

Thank you! I have enjoyed my time here. Best of luck to you and the Cougs in the future.

Comment

I hear the domain StriplingWarriorslovethemorhatethem.com is available.

Comment

sure, that works.

Thank you! I have enjoyed my time here. Best of luck to you and the Cougs in the future.
                                Damn. Where am I going to get the results of FOIA requests now?
                                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Working...
                                X