Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: About the new board name (cougarstadium.com)

I'm perplexed as heckfire at the need for the change, but whatever. Tapatalk is all messed up though and I'm logged on through my computer during the day for the first time in forever.
    Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

i am very confused
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

I don't like this.
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

CS Institutional Memory Jarid in Cedar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    Then again, we have an active Ute, but not a Cougar signing day thread right now.
    Have you seen your signing class?
    "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Quote Originally Posted by nikuman View Post
    I'm perplexed as heckfire at the need for the change, but whatever. Tapatalk is all messed up though and I'm logged on through my computer during the day for the first time in forever.
    Trying to fix Tapatalk... Bear with me.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by MarkGrace View Post
    Not a fan of the change.
    agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Let me say what everyone is thinking: THIS MAKES NO SENSE. We need a better explanation as to why this decision has been made. Don't sugar-coat it -- give us the real story, please.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkGrace View Post
    Not a fan of the change.
    ditto
    Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
    God forgives many things for an act of mercy
    Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Quote Originally Posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    If we lose Clark then this was the worst decision in the history of the Internet.
    agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
    Not really. But I'm pretty excited about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Trying to fix Tapatalk... Bear with me.
    Not complaining about that - just letting you know. I can be patient.

Not to pile on too much, but I always thought "CUF" was a damn cool acronym. And I've never had any sense of the activity on CUF being affected by any "downward spiral" of the rivalry, at all.

Quote Originally Posted by nikuman View Post
    Not complaining about that - just letting you know. I can be patient.
    OK. Try it now.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

The primary reason for the change is that we believe it is in our best long-term interests to go forward with a BYU-themed forum. With the recent changes in conference affiliation and with the decreasing number of scheduled games (especially in football), the BYU-Utah rivalry is on a steady downward spiral. The old domain name implied a sports forum dedicated to two fan bases. Pulling that off in effective manner is difficult to accomplish under the best of circumstances, but it is especially problematic when the rivalry is dying. We believe that we can best achieve a healthy and sustainable dynamic in the long term by having a domain name and theme dedicated to a single school.
    So this independence thing is not temporary?!?
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "I never preached in Texas, but I have preached in places as wicked..." -Brigham Young.
    "If we do nothing we'll be substantially behind (other Power leagues) a decade from now." -Bob Bowlsby on Big 12 expansion.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Princeps Inter Pares

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    So this independence thing is not temporary?!?
    The dude already has cougarlonghornforum.com reserved, no doubt.
    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

What a bunch of bullshit.

Cougarboard 2.0.

I like beefytee's explanation: Jeff forgot to renew the cougaruteforum.com domain name.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Okay cougarstadium.com is not going to attract anyone new that cougaruteforum didnt attract. LEts be honest, CUF was mostly head about from Cougarboard as a place where there arent dumb mods and self righteous idiots.

Can you make it so Explosions in the Sky plays when you click on the banner ?
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle

Grooveshark dick tease MarkGrace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
    Boom! Roasted!
    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Quote Originally Posted by dabrockster View Post
    Oh, and if it is up for discussion to rename.. I like "cougarfansandonebuckeye.com
    cougarutenicetry.com?
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

Y'all hear that? We're using code names. --Evelle Snoats

Quote Originally Posted by All-American View Post
    The dude already has cougarlonghornforum.com reserved, no doubt.
    Nice. Let's just go with this one now.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "I never preached in Texas, but I have preached in places as wicked..." -Brigham Young.
    "If we do nothing we'll be substantially behind (other Power leagues) a decade from now." -Bob Bowlsby on Big 12 expansion.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Addison View Post
    I predict that Jay Santos will raise his right hand to sustain this one.

I have two concerns:

1) The aforementioned nickname quandry
    2) The filter at my work has three levels of screening, that are somewhat arbitrary. Level 1 is no screening. cougaruteforum.com and cougarboard are in this level (although, since we use IEv7, CB is basically unusable). Level 3 is complete screening, site blocked. Cougarguard is in this category, or, believe you me, I would still be over there. Then there is level 2, which gives you a message saying, basically: "This looks like a site that we don't like. We recommend you don't go there", and you then need to hit a link to continue on. The new URL gave me this screen when I hit the "New Posts" link. It always makes me nervous to get that screen.
    Work filters are my concern as well. CUF was golden, not sure if this new one will live or not. They can be a fickle bunch. Right now I have to sign in to view the site, but it's only good for a few minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    I like beefytee's explanation: Jeff forgot to renew the cougaruteforum.com domain name.
    I was lazy and should have looked it up.

It doesn't expire until Nov. 12 2014.

I should have remembered that this site started in November as well.

Ragnar Lodbrok Descendant SoCalCoug's Avatar

Not a fan. The Ute members are a huge part of what makes this site good.
    If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

"Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

"Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

OK. Try it now.
    Looks like it works.

It would have been nice to do a little checking around with people to see what they think before taking an action that is bound to be unpopular with a lot of folks who contribute here, or try to. In the words of Dan Patrick, "They could have done it better."
    “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
    ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
    -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Quote Originally Posted by scottie View Post
    Not to pile on too much, but I always thought "CUF" was a damn cool acronym. And I've never had any sense of the activity on CUF being affected by any "downward spiral" of the rivalry, at all.
    You don't like it because you're a Ute at heart.

I like the name change. I always thought it was odd that the board name reflected both schools while the split in fandom and participation on the board isn't nearly close to a 50/50 split.

The primary reason for the change is that we believe it is in our best long-term interests to go forward with a BYU-themed forum. With the recent changes in conference affiliation and with the decreasing number of scheduled games (especially in football), the BYU-Utah rivalry is on a steady downward spiral. The old domain name implied a sports forum dedicated to two fan bases. Pulling that off in effective manner is difficult to accomplish under the best of circumstances, but it is especially problematic when the rivalry is dying. We believe that we can best achieve a healthy and sustainable dynamic in the long term by having a domain name and theme dedicated to a single school.
    What I like about this board has nothing to do about byu, utah, or sports. It's all the other stuff.

Are more changes coming? I don't get this at all....
    I don't care what it's called, but if the purpose of the forum changes, then that's something else.
    Last edited by Brian; 02-06-2013 at 09:28 AM.
    I intend to live forever.
    So far, so good.
    --Steven Wright