Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

About the new board name (cougarstadium.com)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FN Phat View Post
    Perusing CS and UB5 on a Friday is liking watching two fat men race.
    andre-smith-combine.jpg
    *Banned*

Comment

• Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
      I think the EC underestimated the value that the Utes brought to this board.
      The EC was not the root cause. The root cause has a name that starts with L.
      When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
        The EC was not the root cause. The root cause has a name that starts with L.
        And it comes out, LaUte.

YO was right about him.

Comment

• Are the numbers down or is the plan working?

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
            I've never updated my bookmarks, they still go to CougarUteForum.com, do I need to so that before a certain time or will it always work?

I realize the time it took to post this could have been used changing my bookmark.
            I guess 3 years, 9 months and 18 days is the answer to my question.
            Get confident, stupid
            -landpoke

Comment

I guess 3 years, 9 months and 18 days is the answer to my question.
              I decided to not renew the old board name this year. Moose's Whistle will probably grab it, but whatever.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                I decided to not renew the old board name this year. Moose's Whistle will probably grab it, but whatever.
                One possible downside to this is that clicking links in old threads, like the Dear Tom Holmoe thread that CJF recently bumped. Will now not take you to the posts that were linked.
                Get confident, stupid
                -landpoke

Comment

One possible downside to this is that clicking links in old threads, like the Dear Tom Holmoe thread that CJF recently bumped. Will now not take you to the posts that were linked.
                  Blame the DNS admin:

root# host www.cougaruteforum.com
                  www.cougaruteforum.com has address 69.172.201.217
                  root# host www.cougarstadium.com
                  www.cougarstadium.com is an alias for cougarstadium.com.
                  cougarstadium.com has address 199.91.126.198

(Edit #1: Hint... CUF should resolve to the same IP as cougarstadium.)

(Edit #2: The site/DNS admin should consider transferring domreg/DNS to domains.google.com.)
                  Last edited by Walter Sobchak; 12-13-2016, 11:57 AM.
                  You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                  Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                  You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                    Blame the DNS admin:

(Edit #2: The site/DNS admin should consider transferring domreg/DNS to domains.google.com.)
                    I have no idea what that means.
                    Get confident, stupid
                    -landpoke

Comment

I have no idea what that means.
                      I love your unnecessary honesty.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                      Last edited by Pelado; 12-13-2016, 10:58 PM.
                      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Blame the DNS admin:

What the hell you doing logged as 'root'? I bet you run some old version of Linux as well.
                        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                          What the hell you doing logged as 'root'? I bet you run some old version of Linux as well.
                          Bow before me, for I am root.

root# cat /etc/*-release
                          DISTRIB_ID=Ubuntu
                          DISTRIB_RELEASE=10.10
                          DISTRIB_CODENAME=maverick
                          DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Ubuntu 10.10"

Still running FreeBSD4 for my home file server on a Pentium II / 550 (I am the anti-Pelagius I guess). At one point I had an uptime on that thing of almost 5 years! Streak would still be going, but my generator caught on fire a couple years back.
                          You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                          Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                          You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

Bow before me, for I am root.

root# cat /etc/*-release
                            DISTRIB_ID=Ubuntu
                            DISTRIB_RELEASE=10.10
                            DISTRIB_CODENAME=maverick
                            DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Ubuntu 10.10"

Still running FreeBSD4 for my home file server on a Pentium II / 550 (I am the anti-Pelagius I guess). At one point I had an uptime on that thing of almost 5 years! Streak would still be going, but my generator caught on fire a couple years back.
                            I am guessing the Ruskies pwned your FreeBSD 4.0 box and set your generator on fire.
                            "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                              We are pleased to announce a new name for our forum: CougarStadium.com…

The primary reason for the change is that we believe it is in our best long-term interests to go forward with a BYU-themed forum. With the recent changes in conference affiliation and with the decreasing number of scheduled games (especially in football), the BYU-Utah rivalry is on a steady downward spiral.
                              Let’s revisit this decision 8 years later:

How was board activity in 2013 vs now?

Did the rivalry die? Utah cancelled 2 games, one was replaced by a great Las Vegas Bowl. There has only been one season without a rivalry game and both athletic departments appear committed to schedule each other long term. I would say the rivalry is maybe only slightly less intense than it was in 2013.

The Ute fans left the board, formed their own board which slowly died. Pretty sad deal.

At the time though, I didn’t think it was sad, I was laughing at the Ute fans who frequented this board. But now I just think what happened was sad. I don’t get enjoyment from others’ pain anymore.

Comment

• i still have no idea what the goal was back when the decision was made to change the name, but it seems quite clear the board has slowed as a result of the change, which seems like the opposite of what you want to see happen with any message board, but i don't think lebowski cares much and he'd probably do it again even knowing what he knows now.
                                I'm like LeBron James.
                                -mpfunk

Comment

Working...
                                X