Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

About the new board name (cougarstadium.com)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm upset that I wasn't consulted, I bought the name rights to thenakedindian.com years ago. Instead, when the site changes names Duderino just goes with the other DDD suggestion.

I would have given the rights over.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Comment

But will it bring back Triplet Daddy?
      "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

Time to fix the thingy in the browser that still has 1/2 Y and 1/2 U.

I'm nothing more than a lurker, but I don't really like the change. Hell, I don't really like the change in the rivalry either.

Comment

I will try to weigh in more later. I have blown most of my morning already with the technical issues associated with the change and I have some urgent issues at work.

Let me just say that I understand that change can be disruptive and I understand why some are disappointed. But let's keep in mind that the only thing that has changed at this point is a URL and a banner image.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by PharmCoug View Post
            Hell, I don't really like the change in the rivalry either.
            Language!
            Get confident, stupid
            -landpoke

Comment

Naww... I've been saying change it to FUC for years... seems liked I've been effed, but not in the way I originally thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
                What I like about this board has nothing to do about byu, utah, or sports. It's all the other stuff.

Are more changes coming? I don't get this at all....
                I don't care what it's called, but if the purpose of the forum changes, then that's something else.
                Ed Hochuli agrees
                Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                  I lvoe the new board name. Anything that pisses off Portland Ute and LAUte is a positive change.

I love all the whining about a board name like somehow this will drastically change lives.

Not surprised about the bitching it seems the majority on here are not happy unless they have something to complain about. This just adds fuel to the fire, maybe it will take the heat off JS for awhile. Lebowski is doing a good thing for the church.
                  If that was all it took to get cj to post, I take it all back. I like the change!
                  Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

I lvoe the new board name. Anything that pisses off Portland Ute and LAUte is a positive change.

I love all the whining about a board name like somehow this will drastically change lives.

Not surprised about the bitching it seems the majority on here are not happy unless they have something to complain about. This just adds fuel to the fire, maybe it will take the heat off JS for awhile. Lebowski is doing a good thing for the church.
                    I'm just surprised and disappointed. If that makes you happy, great. Welcome back to activity, brother!
                    “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                    ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                    -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

Originally posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
                      So you are just giving a big cyber middle finger to the ute fans on here?

Seems like a petulant move by the committee. I realize you own the forum and can do what you want. I am also thankful for what you have done. This re-branding is however very out of character and completely unnecessary.
                      I agree completely.
                      As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                      --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                        I will try to weigh in more later. I have blown most of my morning already with the technical issues associated with the change and I have some urgent issues at work.

Let me just say that I understand that change can be disruptive and I understand why some are disappointed. But let's keep in mind that the only thing that has changed at this point is a URL and a banner image.
                        At this point, true. But it sounds like there is more coming.
                        I intend to live forever.
                        So far, so good.
                        --Steven Wright

Comment

About the new board name (cougarstadium.com)

Lol. Good to have you back. Even if it is only a drive-by.
                          Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
                            At this point, true. But it sounds like there is more coming.
                            Nope.
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Portland Ute View Post
                              What a bunch of bullshit.

Cougarboard 2.0.
                              The sun is brighter, the grass is greener.
                              Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

I don't think that anyone is going to drop off the site on the basis of this change. However, it is going to be harder to recruit new Ute fans to the site because they are going to see it as just another BYU fan site. If JL wants to over time transition this to a BYU site that is fine, it is his site and he has every right. However, I'm definitely disappointed in this move. It won't change the site now, but it will over time.
                                As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                                --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Working...
                                X