2013-2014 NFL Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
    Niners fire back and acquire Anquan Boldin for a 6th round pick. Great deal for SF.
    Harbaugh to Harbaugh. Is this the way Older Bro. is trying to smooth things over with pouty little Bro?

That deal seems illegal... A steal is not the word I was looking for when I saw that go down...

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
      Did he agree to show up and play?
      Yes. He was upset with Bmore because they wanted him to restructure the last year of his deal. He is owed 6 million this year. SF is fine with his salary.
      *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
        Harbaugh to Harbaugh. Is this the way Older Bro. is trying to smooth things over with pouty little Bro?

That deal seems illegal... A steal is not the word I was looking for when I saw that go down...

Ozzie made this deal, not Harbaugh. And he is arguably the best GM out there. The Ravens were never going to bring back Boldin. They were going to cut him. A 6th rounder doesn't sound like much, but it was better than any other offer for him. And something is better than nothing.
        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
        -Turtle
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post

Ozzie made this deal, not Harbaugh. And he is arguably the best GM out there. The Ravens were never going to bring back Boldin. They were going to cut him. A 6th rounder doesn't sound like much, but it was better than any other offer for him. And something is better than nothing.
          Cue Phil Simms, perhaps dabrock is unaware of what round THE Tom Brady was selected in.
          Get confident, stupid
          -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
            Cue Phil Simms, perhaps dabrock is unaware of what round THE Tom Brady was selected in.
            This is the Ravens not the Patriots we are talking about..

Come on.. Everyone looking at this deal see they got it for a steal. Highway robbery... Good for them..

Comment

This is the Ravens not the Patriots we are talking about..

Come on.. Everyone looking at this deal see they got it for a steal. Highway robbery... Good for them..
              Yep. Ozzie got a 6th for a guy he was cutting next week.
              "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                Yep. Ozzie got a 6th for a guy he was cutting next week.
                That is miss leading. Boldin refused to restructure his deal so they were going to cut him (Ultimatum they gave him). Why, because they didn't think he was worth the 6 million he was owed next year and they wanted the cap space.... In teh end I think this will be a bad decision.

His performance in teh SB and playoffs prove his ability and they have lost that...

Comment

That is miss leading. Boldin refused to restructure his deal so they were going to cut him (Ultimatum they gave him). Why, because they didn't think he was worth the 6 million he was owed next year and they wanted the cap space.... In teh end I think this will be a bad decision.

His performance in teh SB and playoffs prove his ability and they have lost that...
                  That is not misleading. It's a fact. Cap casualties happen all the time. Read here why this wasn't the theft you claim it to be.

The Ravens definitely made a mistake, but it wasn't trading Boldin for next to nothing--it was signing Flacco to the biggest QB contract in history. While he had a somewhat magical run through the playoffs, most are quick to forget that run was made possible by a few inexplicable mistakes by the Denver secondary. Flacco's regular season numbers were barely worthy of a new contract, let alone the biggest in history.

If I gave you these two stat lines, could you definitively say which QB is better?

Comp Att Att/Game Yards Avg Yrds/Game TD Int Rating
                  317 531 33.2 3,817 7.2 238.6 22 10 87.7
                  329 528 33.0 3,669 6.9 229.3 27 16 87.4
                  One of those QBs is Flacco. The other? Take a guess. Good QBs are hard to come by, and Flacco is certainly a good QB. Probably even worth overpaying a bit. But the Ravens didn't overpay just a bit. The Ravens way, way, way overpaid. And it will cripple them. You heard it here first.
                  Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Paul Kruger just got paid, 5 years 40 million (20 guaranteed) by the Cleveland Browns.

Miami has signed Mike Wallace to a 5/65 deal.
                    Miami is also in talks and close to signing Tennesee tight end Jared Cook.

Reggie Bush is close to a deal with the Detroit Lions
                    Jake Long and St. Louis Rams are deep in to contract talks.

Sean Smith is visiting the 49ers and is asking for a 5 year 50 million dollar deal. Smith was the #76th ranked corner in the NFL last year according ot Pro Football Outsiders, he also gave up the most "big plays" of any corner in the NFL.
                    *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                      Miami has signed Mike Wallace to a 5/65 deal.
                      Miami is also in talks and close to signing Tennesee tight end Jared Cook.

Now they land Dannell Ellerbe. How you liking this offseason CJ?

Comment

Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
                        Now they land Dannell Ellerbe. How you liking this offseason CJ?
                        So far so good. Ellerbe was the primary target for B-more. They specifically mentioned letting Kruger go and re-signing Ellerbe. He was very productive last year with 94 tackles and 4.5 sacks.

I am glad they are making a splash.
                        *Banned*

Comment

Two 20 year old kids prank the Bills GM and the Bucs GM. This is great stuff.

http://deadspin.com/pranksters-recor...y-ov-452366184
                          *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                            That is not misleading. It's a fact. Cap casualties happen all the time. Read here why this wasn't the theft you claim it to be.

The Ravens definitely made a mistake, but it wasn't trading Boldin for next to nothing--it was signing Flacco to the biggest QB contract in history. While he had a somewhat magical run through the playoffs, most are quick to forget that run was made possible by a few inexplicable mistakes by the Denver secondary. Flacco's regular season numbers were barely worthy of a new contract, let alone the biggest in history.

If I gave you these two stat lines, could you definitively say which QB is better?

Comp Att Att/Game Yards Avg Yrds/Game TD Int Rating
                            317 531 33.2 3,817 7.2 238.6 22 10 87.7
                            329 528 33.0 3,669 6.9 229.3 27 16 87.4
                            One of those QBs is Flacco. The other? Take a guess. Good QBs are hard to come by, and Flacco is certainly a good QB. Probably even worth overpaying a bit. But the Ravens didn't overpay just a bit. The Ravens way, way, way overpaid. And it will cripple them. You heard it here first.

Very good info, and I agree 100% that Flacco getting paid what he did is going to be the biggest mistake the Ravens have ever made. No way he is worth that. My statement of what was miss-leading was that Boldin was not worth more then a 6th round pick because they were cutting him anyway. Many have stated he was worth well more then a 6th round pick and they got him for a steal.

Flacco is no Brady, Peyton, Brees etc.. Heats is going to start coming to the Ravens next year...

Comment

Who's the other QB on that?
                              Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Douger View Post
                                Who's the other QB on that?
                                Ginger Dalton.
                                Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Working...
                                X