Thread: Costco Japan: Beef Bulgogi

Default Costco Japan: Beef Bulgogi

Here in Japan the deli at Costco sells the standards: meatballs and pasta, chicken alfredo, take-n-bake pizzas... and beef bulgogi!!! The container is filled with marinated beef. I brought one home and split it into two and froze them. Tonight I made bulgogi soft tacos with one of the two halves. I cooked up the meat, made fresh guacamole, and threw on some sour cream and cheddar cheese. ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS!
    Visca Catalunya Lliure

Banned

When I lived in Europe for a summer I mostly tried groceries that one doesn't normally see in the states: kidney pie from the deli; Campbell's Oxtail soup; and snacks like Doritoes "Chilli" flavor. It was mostly hit and miss. Your japanese tacos sound awesome though.

Please tell me they don't sell that crapola sushi that they used to sell in the US Costco stores. That was just awful.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Please tell me they don't sell that crapola sushi that they used to sell in the US Costco stores. That was just awful.
    That's not sushi......oh....the rice was so bad.......like eating dessicated Jello.
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Pulkogi meat in tacos. Interesting. I'll have to check it out. Korean food is the next Thai food. Everyone I know that tries pulkogi falls in love with it. Ditto for some of the other Korean dishes like kalbi, stone bowl pibim pap, even kimche chigae (kimche soup/stew).

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Here in Japan the deli at Costco sells the standards: meatballs and pasta, chicken alfredo, take-n-bake pizzas... and beef bulgogi!!! The container is filled with marinated beef. I brought one home and split it into two and froze them. Tonight I made bulgogi soft tacos with one of the two halves. I cooked up the meat, made fresh guacamole, and threw on some sour cream and cheddar cheese. ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS!
    At the risk of sounding like a broken record, Tim is my friend. Tim is my friend. Tim is my friend.Tim is my friend. Tim is my friend. Tim is my friend. Tim is my friend. Tim is my friend.

Just noticed yesterday at Costco that they sell big blister packs of beef bulgogi here in Utah as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Katy Lied View Post
    Just noticed yesterday at Costco that they sell big blister packs of beef bulgogi here in Utah as well.
    They had it at our Costco for about a year but they stopped carrying it a couple of months ago.

Which Utah Costco?
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Murray

The Costcos in Seoul have it.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Quote Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
    The Costcos in Seoul have it.
    Good to know. Thanks.

UofU/BYU mixed marriage Scott R Nelson's Avatar

The Costcos in Hawaii sell Poke. Good stuff as I remember it.

Yeah, am looking forward to Costco Poke, although the best is at Yamas Fish Market on Young Street in Moiliili. Also looking forward to Big City Diner, where you get heaping plates of Kal-bi and Kim Chee Fried Rice for breakfast.

Yeah, am looking forward to Costco Poke, although the best is at Yamas Fish Market on Young Street in Moiliili. Also looking forward to Big City Diner, where you get heaping plates of Kal-bi and Kim Chee Fried Rice for breakfast.
    I used to make my own kimchi. I had several Koreans tell me it was authentic tasting. I should do that again when napa comes back in season. I just followed a lady's recipe on YouTube, so it's not anything that I do. Her secret is to use rice flour. I want some kimchi right now, especially daikon. And, there's a poke place in St. George if you're ever down there, that has about 8 different kinds each day. It's been around for a few years, and there's always a line. I forget the name.
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Quote Originally Posted by wuapinmon View Post
    And, there's a poke place in St. George if you're ever down there, that has about 8 different kinds each day. It's been around for a few years, and there's always a line. I forget the name.
    It is the creatively-named “Hawaiian Poke Bowl. ”
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

I've been there and I think they use flash frozen fish. I could be thinking of the one in Vegas though. I make my own kim chee and I cannot figure out where the rice flour is used?

I've been there and I think they use flash frozen fish. I could be thinking of the one in Vegas though. I make my own kim chee and I cannot figure out where the rice flour is used?
    https://www.maangchi.com/recipe/easy-kimchi

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Good to know. Thanks.
    de nada
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."