A little home improvement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little home improvement

I guess I should say home office improvement.....

I got a 32" LCD TV for my mancave (really more of a man cubby...)/home office for Christmas and mounted it on the wall. I got lazy and bought one of the wire covers to hide the wires instead of doing the install the right way, running the wires in the wall.

Fast forward to this weekend, The_Tick decides to buy a flatscreen for his mancave and we mount it on the wall. The guys at the home theater store wantred $150 for the DIY install kit for routing the cables in the wall, so he opted to get the cover, like I had done. I tried to convince him to let me help him run the wires in-wall, but he wouldnt budge, so I decided to show him how easy it was and went straitway to Lowes and bought everything I needed to finish the job in my office.

$32.00 later I had everything I needed and it took me all of an 1 hour and 10minutes to finish, including tucking in my children. I dont know why I waited so long to do this, it is so much cleaner.

Sorry, no before pictures, the holes in the wall were from the drywall anchors from the cable channel I had before.

There ya go Tick, quick and easy. Dooo iiiit!!!!!!
    "I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - Tommy Callahan III

Looks great man. Now why is Tick refusing your free help?

Comment

We have (almost) the same color green in our kitchen.

The install looks great. I'm looking forward to mounting our TV when we move into a more long-term home.

Comment

Bravo. Looks great.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
          Looks great man. Now why is Tick refusing your free help?
          I think he just needed to see how easy it really is. He didnt want me to mess up his house.
          "I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - Tommy Callahan III

Comment

is it just me or is it not level?
            "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

He is right. I didn't want to jack up the wall in the house. So...I took a bug chunk of drywall out removing the old entertainment center. I showed myself.

We will probably be doing this with mine tonight and I will post before and afters also.

DT is a good buddy to have. Master of nothing, but a jack of all trades.

Comment

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                is it just me or is it not level?
                I noticed that first thing when I posted the pics, so I went back and checked. It is level.

EDIT**My TV mount is a swivel mount, so I can adjust it, it looks like it may not be level in the pic. I took the pic really quick after moving the TV back into place, I have since corrected the crookedness.
                Last edited by Drunk Tank; 06-30-2009, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
                  He is right. I didn't want to jack up the wall in the house. So...I took a bug chunk of drywall out removing the old entertainment center. I showed myself.

We will probably be doing this with mine tonight and I will post before and afters also.

DT is a good buddy to have. Master of nothing, but a jack of all trades.
                  "Master of nothing"? What about his BBQ/grilling masterpieces?
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

He complains about them. He has 3 smokers and 4 BBQ's but doesn't have just the "right one".

I had some of the pork he showed on here. It was great. But he was the first one to say..."Tastes great if you get some of the bark, the inside is just okay".

He is difficult on himself...

So I bust his balls also.

Comment

Working...
                    X