Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by swampfrog View Post
    One of my favorite SF films
    It is actually near the top of my favorite SF films list as well... I relate to the character Vincent. My brother (like the character Antonio) got my father's name and seemed to have all the good genes. Needless to say, he was always my mother's favorite. I ended kicking his *ss anyway.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

GATTACA is a great movie.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Time to break Google up into a million pieces?

50 attorneys general launch antitrust investigation into Google

A coalition of 50 attorneys general will be investigating Google for potential violations of antitrust law, a step that could potentially lead to a broad legal challenge to the company’s market dominance.

The investigation, led by Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton (R) and Washington, D.C., Attorney General Karl Racine (D), was announced on the steps of the Supreme Court building Monday afternoon after months of rumors about states seeking to turn up the pressure on Silicon Valley.

The probe will focus on Google’s dominance in the online search and advertising markets.
        [...]
        https://thehill.com/policy/technolog...on-into-google
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
          Time to break Google up into a million pieces?

https://thehill.com/policy/technolog...on-into-google
          Sure. And apple next for filing a patent on a a shape.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow, that would suck... for google:

Justice Department, State Attorneys General Likely to Bring Antitrust Lawsuits Against Google
            Both the federal and state investigations are focused on Google’s ad business

Both the Justice Department and a group of state attorneys general are likely to file antitrust lawsuits against Alphabet Inc.’s Google—and are well into planning for litigation, according to people familiar with the matter.

The Justice Department is moving toward bringing a case as soon as this summer, some of the people said. At least some state attorneys general—led by Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton, a Republican—are likely to file a case, probably in the fall, people familiar with the matter said.

Much of the states’ investigation has focused on Google’s online advertising business. The company owns the dominant tool at every link in the complex chain between online publishers and advertisers. The Justice Department likewise is making Google’s ad technology one of its points of emphasis. But it is also focusing more broadly on concerns that Google uses its dominant search business to stifle competition, people familiar with the matter said.
            [...]
            https://www.wsj.com/articles/justice...le-11589573622
            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
            X