BYU Recruiting 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
    Did he complete any passes? Based on his highlights, I would think he did not.
    Don't know, don't care. He isn't being recruited as a QB as far as I know.

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
      Don't know, don't care. He isn't being recruited as a QB as far as I know.
      I just think it's funny that a QB's entire highlight reel from a game where his team put up 40+ doesn't contain a single pass.
      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

I just think it's funny that a QB's entire highlight reel from a game where his team put up 40+ doesn't contain a single pass.
        He threw quite a bit last week (3 passing TDs, 1 running). You will notice that most of those runs were not designed runs, but were QB scrambles after dropping back to pass. He is just unreal when is comes to changing direction without losing speed.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Did he complete any passes? Based on his highlights, I would think he did not.
          10-17 for 71 yards.
          I'm like LeBron James.
          -mpfunk

Comment

• I love these sammy gordon highlight videos. Fun to see her playing for timpview.
            So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
              Covey reminds me of a faster Reno Mahe.
              He doesn't look faster than Reno.

Comment

• Originally posted by KillerDog View Post
                He doesn't look faster than Reno.
                Uh, yes, he does.
                I'm like LeBron James.
                -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                  I love these sammy gordon highlight videos. Fun to see her playing for timpview.
                  You need some credit for this. That was very funny.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• I want Covey. He'd be a perfect HB in BYU's offense.
                    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                    -Turtle
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                      I want Covey. He'd be a perfect HB in BYU's offense.
                      I was impressed with Juergens. I think Covey would fit in great in that spot. Also Trey Dye will be another good one.

Speaking of potential D-1 receivers. This QB at Hillcrest is an insane athlete. I was watching him go up and snag passes over the weekend. The kid is 6'1 and can actually dunk from about 6 inches inside the foul line. He is every bit as good as Covey will be as a receiver and athlete but doesn't get the pub.
                      *Banned*

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                        I was impressed with Juergens. I think Covey would fit in great in that spot. Also Trey Dye will be another good one.

Speaking of potential D-1 receivers. This QB at Hillcrest is an insane athlete. I was watching him go up and snag passes over the weekend. The kid is 6'1 and can actually dunk from about 6 inches inside the foul line. He is every bit as good as Covey will be as a receiver and athlete but doesn't get the pub.
                        I agree. We have some nice players there at the position. I assume Covey will go on a mission right away. Juergens is a RS Soph and Dye is unsure about serving, so it'd be good to have Covey in the pipe.

I am liking how our team is setting up. We have a ton of youth on the OL. We're really looking good on defense for the next couple of years. Things are looking up.
                        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                        -Turtle
                        sigpic

Comment

• So what is the story with Folau? Today's DesNews article doesn't list BYU as one of his offers. Did he indicate no interest? He's got quite the ACT challenge if he wants to go to Stanford.
                          Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                            So what is the story with Folau? Today's DesNews article doesn't list BYU as one of his offers. Did he indicate no interest? He's got quite the ACT challenge if he wants to go to Stanford.
                            What? You think BYU will let him slide with an 18? That would hurt that 28.8 ACT average that JL was telling us about.

BTW, how does one have a 3.9 GPA but only an 18 on the ACT? I am guessing a GPA like that will put him in the top 5 of his class there at East High. Not top 5% but top 5.
                            "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                              What? You think BYU will let him slide with an 18? That would hurt that 28.8 ACT average that JL was telling us about.

BTW, how does one have a 3.9 GPA but only an 18 on the ACT? I am guessing a GPA like that will put him in the top 5 of his class there at East High. Not top 5% but top 5.
                              I was wondering the same thing. What is BYU's minimum ACT score for athletes?
                              Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                                I was wondering the same thing. What is BYU's minimum ACT score for athletes?
                                18. Yes, athletes hurt the average. Really surprised that Uncle Ted didn't know this.

Comment

Working...
                                X