Name Change Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    wuap, I have to be honest with you. I think your post on FB yesterday about the board was in bad form. I understand that you feel hurt/frustrated/angry/confused about the name change on the site, however to complain about it there almost a month after the change is rude.

I believe JL has said he is not a member of the FB group, so it comes across as an attack on the guy who keeps the possibility of the community alive. Secondly if you want to share your feelings about it do so on the place that you feel like is changing or being lost. (I don't remember your exact sentiment)

If we are to believe JiC he has been pursuing a Ute-centric board before the name change. I have posted and plan to participate on UB5, some may or may not from here. But all the voices are still there to be heard. I find it hard to believe that even if this group had remained CougarUte that when JiC launched his board many of the Utes would not have moved their for their first home anyway.

This is a special place to me, that doesn't mean it is never going to chance and some of the people aren't going to leave. I gave a lesson in EQ yesterday on Uchtdorf's talk Of Resolutions and Regrets. One of the main points was that we need to allow ourselves to be happy. Why waste time wishing for something that was, or something that might be. There is great things in everything around, we should stop and enjoy it.
    I was trying to make a joke about the site being crashed. Some people got it. You and Shaka did not. It didn't work, so I took it down to avoid exactly this situation. The site was down at the time, and at the same time I was teasing JL in a PM on facebook in the same way. Ask him.
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Originally posted by FN Phat View Post
      He know's better than to mess you. You are intellectually superior.
      I'm doing my best Squidward laugh right now.
      "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
        I was trying to make a joke about the site being crashed. Some people got it. You and Shaka did not. It didn't work, so I took it down to avoid exactly this situation. The site was down at the time, and at the same time I was teasing JL in a PM on facebook in the same way. Ask him.
        There might have been others that didn't get it besides Shaka and I, like you could even know that.
        Get confident, stupid
        -landpoke

Comment

Name Change Thread

I'm slow on the uptake. You smart guys should know this already.

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
            There might have been others that didn't get it besides Shaka and I, like you could even know that.
            So that I didn't offend anyone else, unnecessarily, I just took it down. You two expressed displeasure. Certainly there may have been others. Anyway, I'm not going to worry about it anymore. It was a failed joke. No malice was intended, and I certainly didn't say it there (while the 'sight' was down) in any kind of attempt to hide it from JL.

Comment

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
              So that I didn't offend anyone else, unnecessarily, I just took it down. You two expressed displeasure. Certainly there may have been others. Anyway, I'm not going to worry about it anymore. It was a failed joke. No malice was intended, and I certainly didn't say it there (while the 'sight' was down) in any kind of attempt to hide it from JL.
              We all fail at jokes. My first response was serious and my second was intended to be a Napoleon Dynamite joke.

You've expressed a lot of concern over the name change and thought it was serious. No harm, no foul.
              Get confident, stupid
              -landpoke

Comment

I can confirm that wuap was mocking me for losing posters while the site was down today.

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

I like the new layout a ton better. Thanks for all that you are doing JL.
                  I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                    I can confirm that wuap was mocking me for losing posters while the site was down today.

Pretty low class, Wuap. So much for Southern Manners.

Comment

LA Ute = LA Ute.

grumpyoldman.gif
                      “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                      ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                      -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                      --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

I can confrim, wuap's jokes are rarely funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                          Only to really smart people, preferably with a Ph.D in the humanities (not engineering).
                          “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                          ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

Comment

I think waup is often funny, clever, and irreverent. Sometimes he needs to work on his timing. No need to dog pile.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                            -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

I don't write for you. Every one of my posts is an attempt to amuse Solon and KatyLied. And myself.

Comment

Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
                                I think waup is often funny, clever, and irreverent. Sometimes he needs to work on his timing. No need to dog pile.
                                wuap is the unappreciated gentle genius of this board.
                                ― W.H. Auden

Comment

Working...
                                X