No announcement yet.

What's right with Texas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I looked at this thread title in the "New Posts" list, it was right above "Guns." It seemed to fit. Sorry for screwing that up with this post.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Breakfast tacos...

“People wake up at all hours of the day,” Mr. Espinosa, a native of Mexico City, said as he served a taco, piled with scrambled eggs and drenched in a purée of russets and jalapeños that he calls Mexican mashed potatoes.

“Maybe the first meal of their day comes at 11 in the morning, and maybe it comes at 2 in the afternoon,” Mr. Espinosa said, as customers queued for migas tacos, bound with jack cheese. “They want a taco, and they want breakfast. And a breakfast taco gets you both.”
      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
        Those don't even look like good breakfast tacos, either. There's a woman that makes them for my office on occasion - cheap, we order in advance - and they are spectacular.
        Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

Not worth my time if there is no green chile.

Comment

Originally posted by New Mexican Disaster View Post
            Not worth my time if there is no green chile.

This isn't the "What's right with New Mexico?" thread!
            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

[YOUTUBE]SE1xO44FlME[/YOUTUBE]

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

New video. It doesn't disappoint.

[YOUTUBE]kaIZWjItReI[/YOUTUBE]
                "Remember to double tap"

Comment

Re: What's right with Texas?

Originally posted by Paperback Writer View Post
                  That's propaganda at its finest. No matter how wide LBJ is built for that stretch it will always be crowded with traffic creeping at school zone speeds. I commuted that stretch daily for about 5 years. What's needed is high speed rail.
                  Those express lanes look pretty nice to me. The reality is the vast majority of American cities (including Dallas) don't have the population density to make rail transit cost effective as anything more than a supplement to commuter demand.

And this is coming from someone who makes a living designing rail structures and works on rail transit projects.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Austin seeing interest from California companies ‘double or triple,’ chamber says.

Comment

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

The Lone Star State is now known as Saudi Texas...

Oil production in Texas is soaring, so much so that production jumped to an average 2.139 million barrels a day in November — the best showing in more than 25 years.

Analysts are chalking up Texas' booming production to shale plays, especially South Texas' Eagle Ford Shale where production was minuscule just five years ago, along with a revival of West Texas' Permian Basin.

[...]

Texas' oil production has jumped by 71 percent in the last two years, Perry said, based on data from the Energy Information Administration, the Energy Department's statistics arm.

“It's a huge, unbelievable increase,” said Perry, who has used the term “Saudi Texas” in his blog, called Carpe Diem. “It's amazing how fast it has happened. It's just phenomenal.”

[...]

Severance taxes — Texas' tax on oil and gas production — “are back up as a significant source of revenue,” Bullock said, as well as local property taxes.
                          Oil and gas deposits in the state's rainy day fund were almost $1.9 billion in fiscal 2013 — representing almost one-fourth of the fund's $8 billion. They're estimated to be $1.7 billion in fiscal 2014 and $1.8 billion 2015.

(While oil and gas contributions to the fund have fluctuated, this year's contribution dwarfs 2011's deposit of $451 million. Eagle Ford production was just starting to make an impact that year.)

[...]

SMU's Bullock, though, is optimistic that oil prices will remain relatively high and that will continue to encourage drilling.
                          Drill baby, drill.
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

What's right with Texas?

But, but, California has tons of reserves too! Why aren't they seeing the same economic benefits?

Comment

Originally posted by nikuman View Post
                              But, but, California has tons of reserves too! Why aren't they seeing the same economic benefits?
                              I guess they don't want to be know as Saudi California.
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

What's right with Texas?

I guess they don't want to be know as Saudi California.
                                Maybe the RHCP should write that song.

Comment

Working...
                                X