What's right with Texas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's right with Texas?

$8 Billion budget surplus to start the year.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-0...boom-cash.html

Map of Texas Gun Owners

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
      $8 Billion budget surplus to start the year.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-0...boom-cash.html
      I'd be concerned about California invading right about now.
      Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
        I'd be concerned about California invading right about now.
        Given the levels of gun ownership in the two states, that won't happen. However, Hollywood just upped by $2.00 the price of admission in Texas for Texas Chainsaw 3-D, and our fair state should recover that surplus within the next three weeks or so.

Comment

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
          Given the levels of gun ownership in the two states, that won't happen. However, Hollywood just upped by $2.00 the price of admission in Texas for Texas Chainsaw 3-D, and our fair state should recover that surplus within the next three weeks or so.
          I bet Texans win out on chainsaw ownership too.
          “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
          "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

Texas rules!!
            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

I wasn't born here, but I got here as fast as I could.
              Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Texas considering funding gun training for teachers...

Texas Senate leaders are considering a proposal to provide state-funded special training for school employees with handgun licenses as a way to protect students from “active shooters,” officials confirmed Friday.

Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst said no decision has been made, but if eventually approved, it could work like this:

School districts that authorize teachers or employees to carry guns on school campuses — as current state law allows — would be given “special training in cases of an active shooter” at state expense to ensure they would be properly equipped to handle such an emergency.

Dewhurst said the training would be designed to minimize the risk to students.

[...]
                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                  I was born there. I wonder if I should move back.
                  "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                    I applied for a job in Houston two days ago. I don't think I have a shot, just curious really. But a few months ago I did put in for a job in Dallas that I wanted and thought I had a legit chance at landing, but ultimately didn't get it.
                    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                    -Turtle
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                      I applied for a job in Houston two days ago. I don't think I have a shot, just curious really. But a few months ago I did put in for a job in Dallas that I wanted and thought I had a legit chance at landing, but ultimately didn't get it.
                      You should have PM'ed me on the one in Dallas. I would have put in a good word for you.
                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Hedging on California, Apple Breaks Ground on 1-Million-Square-Foot Texas Outpost

[...]
                        In its development agreement with the city, Apple says that the new facility will be the overflow for Apple’s America operations outside of its Cupertino, California, headquarters. “The company requires an operational center to centralize various functions, such as accounting, human resources and finance,” Apple wrote in a description of the $287 million project, filed with city planners.

But the planning documents leave a lot out. They don’t, for example, mention that Austin is already a center of Apple’s support and hardware development groups. Apple is presently hiring nearly 40 hardware engineers in Austin, including chip designers and power-optimization engineers.

Under the terms of Apple’s economic development agreement with Austin, Apple will first build a $56 million 200,000-square-foot facility in two buildings. That’s set to be done by the end of 2015. “Phase II will be up to 800,000 square feet in several buildings,” Apple says in planning documents. It will be completed by the end of 2021.
                        [...]
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                          Good luck!
                          Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

The new LBJ express (IH 635) that is currently under construction (to be completed 2015)...

[YOUTUBE]gfcn2WZBvM0[/YOUTUBE]

http://transportationblog.dallasnews...635-redo.html/
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                              The new LBJ express (IH 635) that is currently under construction (to be completed 2015)...

[YOUTUBE]gfcn2WZBvM0[/YOUTUBE]

http://transportationblog.dallasnews...635-redo.html/
                              That's propaganda at its finest. No matter how wide LBJ is built for that stretch it will always be crowded with traffic creeping at school zone speeds. I commuted that stretch daily for about 5 years. What's needed is high speed rail.
                              “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
                              "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

Working...
                              X